PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input...

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
08-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I have some product that we need customer feedback on. Looking for a few forum members to try it out and report back on your thoughts on it.
This is a heavy duty compound, to be used with a rotary. If you are interested in reviewing this product and giving some honest feedback please respond to this thread and we will pick some members to send a 16 oz. bottle to.

Flannigan
08-04-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm always up for trying out new products. :props:

CrownKote
08-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I would love to try out a new heavy duty rotary compound... I like some of them out there but always up for new try out stuff... My buddy needs a good cut and finish on his new toy that is severely scratched up...

Garry Dean
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
You know Im always up for trying out products.

BillyJack
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Count me in for consideration. I'm not a full-time pro and you may want only a pro opinion, so that alone might rule me out. If so, that's OK.
However, I am a long time rotary user with a bunch of rotary experience in both paint restos and cut n' buffs. My current favorite is 3M Perfect-it, so that would be the yardstick. There's currently a metallic red Oldsmobile in the family that is infested with scuffs and scratches, so that would be the test bed. Be happy to test it if I can be of help.

Bill

Robert8194
08-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Meghan

I would love to help. My Flex PE 14-2 has been lonely lately and getting jealous. Thinks I have been spending too much time with PC. Like a previous poster, I am not a full time pro but I did "graduate" from the latest 101 and 102 classes.

V3AutoDetailing
08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
I would like to try, I have a few cars and a boat that is very bad shape to put the compound to the test.

JonMiles
08-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I'd like to give it a try and send some feedback about it. My makita and lc orange pad are dying for a workout getting the 3000 grit scratches out of my paint next week.

tuscarora dave
08-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I am a rotary guy and am very busy lately and would be glad to give it a try and report back the performance of it with photos and a written review.

Edit: In fact, on the 24th of this month forum member Michael13 and his father are making the 3 hour trip down here to get involved in a 3 step paint correction with me so that they can as a "Detailing Duo" take more experience back home with them for starting their new detailing business. We could use it on that job.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 04:48 PM
I would certainly give it a go, and write a review. :dblthumb2:

I like trying new compounds. The good ones are hard to come by. Plus, I've tried many compounds...I will certainly give some honest feedback.

Shane731
08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Can you use it with the Flex 3401 or does it have to be a true rotary?

Nick McKees37
08-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Can you use it with the Flex 3401 or does it have to be a true rotary?

Speaking from experience using it....

It was designed for rotary use, but still performs exceptionally well with DA. For best results, and to take advantage of the potential of the product, I would recommend using it with a rotary polisher.

It's a heavy cut compound that's body shop safe and contains no silicone. I can also tell you that from my experience, it has a very long working time, plenty of cut, and (surprisingly) for a compound, wipes off very easy.

The majority of my time spent using the product was with a Flex PE14-2-150 equipped with a Hydro-Tech Cyan cutting pad, and dusting was non-existent.

Just like Meghan said, we're looking for honest feedback on the product. :props:

Dr Oldz
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I don't "try" new compounds on a vehicle but I will try it on a scrap panel.

slickooz
08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I would love to try the new compound. I work at a dealership and we use to use 3M compound. And recently we switched most of our products to Meguiar's. We are using M105/205 with DA and rotaries. I would love to bring it to work and try it on the 2449284902 used cars we have on lot.

Nick McKees37
08-05-2011, 09:00 AM
For those of you that are interested in trying it, and are about to place an order, give me a call and I'll make sure a bottle is included with the order. :props: