PDA

View Full Version : Watery Wolfgang DGPS

Mobile detail
08-04-2011, 03:44 AM
I purchased a 64oz bottle of DGPS 3.0 which arrived on Tuesday. After I profusely shook the bottle, the consistency of the liquid was extremely watery. Is this normal?Feed back please

Bamaboy007
08-04-2011, 03:48 AM
It should be a nice light yellow color and not watery but not thick either

Mobile detail
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM
I'd say its like when a product seperates after sitting for a while even after shaking. I just don't see how I could put it on a pad to spread. I think it would absorb into the pad

JSMet
08-04-2011, 05:32 AM
I experienced something similar. The product separated and I had to shake it hard to get it to mix. When I applied it after shaking I was a little concerned about how it would perform, since it seemed to separate to the point where I thought I might have received part of what was a "bad batch", but it performed really well, gave a superior shine and finish, and held up under the elements. I was satisfied with the results, and I use either Wolfgang or Blackfire as my primary sealants.

Mobile detail
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I experienced something similar. The product separated and I had to shake it hard to get it to mix. When I applied it after shaking I was a little concerned about how it would perform, since it seemed to separate to the point where I thought I might have received part of what was a "bad batch", but it performed really well, gave a superior shine and finish, and held up under the elements. I was satisfied with the results, and I use either Wolfgang or Blackfire as my primary sealants.

Thats good to hear. I also wondered if I got a bad batch. Il try it and see what happens. Thanks

Jeff120
08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Call C.S. tomorrow and see what they say.

Mobile detail
08-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I will call just haven't had time. One thing I will say is anytime I have called ,Nick takes amazing care of me. I'm in no way bashing the product or ag. Just wanted to se if anyone else had this happen.

Kristopher1129
08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
I use that stuff all the time...it does tend to be on the watery side. You'll learn to like it. It spreads nicely, and is very easy to apply to the pad. You can make quick work of the application process.

onlycodered
08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the weather lately has been quite warm. Perhaps it got a bit too hot during transit?

Meghan
08-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Call Nick at ext 215 tomorrow.

dchristo
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
mine was watery too, but it works great, spreads thin, wipes off very easy and has a great shine....this is the best sealant I've ever used

Jimmie
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I talked with Nick last week. Mine was a watery bright yellow with cream colored thicker liquid with it. No matter how much I shook it stayed that way. Nick said that this was normal for WG DGPS.
One of the bigger problems that I had was every once in awhile I would get a big (too much) squirt of the yellow watery part that would go everywhere sort of wasting product.
Got to admit mine performed outstanding.

J504
08-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I had a sample of WGDGPS from autogeek and it was also watery. I had to shake it vigorously for a very long time and it finally turned into a thicker cream. Keep in mind this was the 2oz bottle, so you may have to shake even longer for the container your size. I applied it to my gf's car that sits outside all day a month ago, and it still beads up very well. I wouldnt be too worried, just shake it more.

Marc08EX
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
My samples of WG DGPS 3.0 is on the thicker side. There is a huge tendency for the product to become thin. It just requires to be shaken vigorously (sometimes for a really long time) for it to turn to a thicker cream consistency.