PDA

View Full Version : Sealant question

rider9195
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm about to but on some Blackfire Wet Diamond tonight after correcting my paint. I have used this sealant before and have applied it via PC with a Red wax pad. Now I have always let the sealant sit on the paint for 12 hours then wipe it off. I have had no problems doing this and durability has seemed good. But after seeing others say it needs 12 hours to cure AFTER wiped off I am a bit worried. This car will be outside 24/7 also. So will letting the sealant sit on the paint overnight then wiping off after 12 hours affect durability?

Y2KSVT
08-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't believe the 12 hour wait time has ever meant to leave the product on the paint that long before wiping off. With sealants, the cure time is after the wipe off. You'll want to pick a day where there is zero rain in the forecast. Depending on your location, you might wake up to a morning dew on your car. I suggest applying your sealant during the mid-morning hours so the 12 hour suggested cure time ends in the early evening.

Mark

rider9195
08-03-2011, 03:17 PM
The car is garaged now. Once I am done with it, it will be sitting outside 24/7. So no need to worry about dew. I will have to try this. Thanks!

shoeless89
08-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't mean to jack this thread but did you get that BFWD from AG? I heard they were going to start carrying it but I can't find it on the site. Am I just overlooking it?

rider9195
08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't mean to jack this thread but did you get that BFWD from AG? I heard they were going to start carrying it but I can't find it on the site. Am I just overlooking it?

I did not get it from Autogeek. I bought the Wet-Ice Over Fire Kit with the Wet Diamond sealant and Midnight Sun Carnauba when Proper Auto Care was still around about a year or so ago. Autopia does carry Blackfire products at this time now.