PDA

View Full Version : Project Saturday - Honda Prelude

CaneCharger
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, told my neighbor I would detail his Black Honda Prelude for free this Saturday. I want to get more practice in and try some new products ;)

Not that I want to do this full-time, but hopefully down the road I could do some neighborhood cars for a little coin...

I decided (with talking to Nick) that I would do the Wolfgang products then top with Menz Power Lock all on LC Pads.

Total Swirl Remover (Cyan)
Finishing Glaze (Tangerine)
Power Lock (Crimson)

Should be fun!

truckbutt
08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Well, told my neighbor I would detail his Black Honda Prelude for free this Saturday. I want to get more practice in and try some new products ;)

Not that I want to do this full-time, but hopefully down the road I could do some neighborhood cars for a little coin...

I decided (with talking to Nick) that I would do the Wolfgang products then top with Menz Power Lock all on LC Pads.

Power Lock (Crimson)

Should be fun!
Where were you last month when I detalied my '98 explorer? You could have had lots pf practice! Have fun.

CaneCharger
08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
where were you last month when i detalied my '98 explorer? You could have had lots pf practice! Have fun.

hahaha

Y2KSVT
08-03-2011, 03:05 PM
That's a very nice gesture to your neighbor. I imagine with a PCXP or GG machine, you'll have a good 12-15 hours into that car. After this Saturday, you'll probably turn those 3-step freebies into a D151 freebie! LOL!

Mark

00celica
08-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Power Lock (Crimson)

Any particular reason you're going to use a Tangerine pad to apply a glaze? I was going to apply Poorboy's World White Diamond with a Crimson pad.

Nick McKees37
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Any particular reason you're going to use a Tangerine pad to apply a glaze? I was going to apply Poorboy's World White Diamond with a Crimson pad.

Don't let the name mislead you, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is actually a very fine abrasive polish that contains no fillers. The Poorboys White Diamond is a show car glaze that contains fillers. :props:

Good luck with the Prelude Jeff, be sure to post pictures! Im the MAN

00celica
08-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Don't let the name mislead you, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is actually a very fine abrasive polish that contains no fillers. The Poorboys White Diamond is a show car glaze that contains fillers. :props:

Good luck with the Prelude Jeff, be sure to post pictures! Im the MAN

I see!! Thanks for the information, Nick.

CaneCharger
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
That's a very nice gesture to your neighbor. I imagine with a PCXP or GG machine, you'll have a good 12-15 hours into that car. After this Saturday, you'll probably turn those 3-step freebies into a D151 freebie! LOL!

Mark

Hey Mark - I am hoping it won't take that long!!!! It is a small car, but I am hoping I can start the wash by 7:30 AM - hope to get done around 4:00 ish maybe ;)

BobbyG
08-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey Jeff,

Before you know it you'll have a place of your own and doing all this full time....if you choose to of course.

I think it's awfully nice to performing these services for your neighbor and I'm sure they'll be very happy with the results..

Nice choice of products too!

PS...Take a few photos and post them..:props:

2kredbb6
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Mark - I am hoping it won't take that long!!!! It is a small car, but I am hoping I can start the wash by 7:30 AM - hope to get done around 4:00 ish maybe ;)

Small car soft paint youll be done before you know it.
<---- (see name) I used to have a 5th gen milano red prelude, Man I miss that car...

CaneCharger
08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey Jeff,

Before you know it you'll have a place of your own and doing all this full time....if you choose to of course.

I think it's awfully nice to performing these services for your neighbor and I'm sure they'll be very happy with the results..

Nice choice of products too!

PS...Take a few photos and post them..:props:

Will do! We are going for Wings & Beer next week - I am sure I might get a free one from him ;)

Have you used your new Dodo Juice wax yet?

Small car soft paint youll be done before you know it.
<---- (see name) I used to have a 5th gen milano red prelude, Man I miss that car...

NICE! With the Atlanta heat lately, I hope I do not pass out at 9:00 AM

BobbyG
08-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Will do! We are going for Wings & Beer next week - I am sure I might get a free one from him ;)

Have you used your new Dodo Juice wax yet?

Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately no, I haven't. I've come up against some heart related issues that have taken quite a bit of my focus lately so I've been very preoccupied with this....

CaneCharger
08-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Hey Jeff,

Unfortunately no, I haven't. I've come up against some heart related issues that have taken quite a bit of my focus lately so I've been very preoccupied with this....

Wow man - I hope everything is ok with you...My prayers are with you

BobbyG
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow man - I hope everything is ok with you...My prayers are with you

Thanks Buddy! :props: