PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars ColorX vs. #6 Cleaner Wax

deuce01
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm a weekend warrior with limited time and need to get a good AIO. It looks like the main difference between these two is that ColorX is a synthetic and #6 is Carnuba based. Any other differences and does anyone have performance comparisons?

Thanks in advance!

yakky
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Its been years since I've used #6 but IIRC it wasn't that great of a cleaner. ColorX is a pleasure to work with but lacks a bit in durability. I'd certainly recommend DG501 instead of either. It is a better cleaner and more durable.

aerogt01
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I have read elsewhere that #6 is basically the professional version of ColorX.

RPPM
08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
#66 would be the professional version of ColorX.

deuce01
08-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Its been years since I've used #6 but IIRC it wasn't that great of a cleaner. ColorX is a pleasure to work with but lacks a bit in durability. I'd certainly recommend DG501 instead of either. It is a better cleaner and more durable.

That's interesting! I would never have thought to use a Marine/RV polish on a car but, based on it's description, I can see where it would do a better job cleaning the paint.

Regarding the other comments, I'm assuming that calling something "Professional Version" doesn't make it better and if #66 is the same as ColorX then 64oz. for $27.99 is a WHOLE lot better than 16oz. for $10.99.

Decisions...decisions...

yakky
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
That's interesting! I would never have thought to use a Marine/RV polish on a car but, based on it's description, I can see where it would do a better job cleaning the paint.

Do some reading here and on other forums about 501, people have had great results with it, even if it is meant for RV use. Usually with an AIO you get a strong cleaner or a durable LSP, not both. DG501 is both.