PDA

View Full Version : LC pads

hockeytown9
08-03-2011, 03:59 AM
What LC pads do I need? I am detailing 2 cars one with light to sever swirl and oxidtion and one with light to moderate swirls and scratches. Going to be using 105/205 combo with a Griots DA. Thanks guys.

RoyalBlUE08
08-03-2011, 04:43 AM
i just got the same products as you, 105/205 with griots da, i ordered the 6 pack LC pads i got 1 yellow, 3 orange 1 red and 1 blue . i think it states that yellow pads have the most cutting power for heavier swirls and oxidation. and the orange pads should be fine for everything else.

S2K
08-03-2011, 06:50 AM
What LC pads do I need? I am detailing 2 cars one with light to sever swirl and oxidtion and one with light to moderate swirls and scratches. Going to be using 105/205 combo with a Griots DA. Thanks guys.
What kind of cars are they? I would recommend orange, white, gray and if you plan on applying your LSP by machine either red or the HydroTech crimson. You probably won't need yellow, 105 on orange can work wonders, 205 on white or gray will really clean up any marring left by the 105. Remember always do a test spot and start with the least aggressive and work your way up.

HeavyMetal
08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
What kind of cars are they? I would recommend orange, white, gray and if you plan on applying your LSP by machine either red or the HydroTech crimson. You probably won't need yellow, 105 on orange can work wonders, 205 on white or gray will really clean up any marring left by the 105. Remember always do a test spot and start with the least aggressive and work your way up.

:iagree:

I've never run into anything that 105/UC and an orange pad wouldn't tackle, including my nephew's pretty trashed 04 Ion that was run thru swirl-o-matics. I'd get a 6 pack of 5.5 flat pads - 2 orange, 2 white, 1 black/grey and 1 blue. If you decide you're gonna "jewel" the finish with Menz PO85RD then I'd switch out 1 white for another grey or blue.