PDA

View Full Version : quick detailers

Pages : [1] 2

audiophile64
08-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I am sort of a quick detailer junkie and I was just wondering with the 90 to 100 degree heat and humidity that we have been getting this summer (I live in northern NJ right near NYC) is using qds with carnauba a waste of time like in will they just melt awayin this heat?I have been satying away from the ones with carnauba until the cooler weather.In the summer I have been using pb spray and gloss along with bead x and chemical guys extreme slick synethetic and cg speed wipe rather tha some of my carnauba based qds.

PPLd
08-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Carnauba wax melt at 82C/180F.
I think you will be fine with any QD that contains carnauba wax, as long as they do not dry up too quickly and streak under your situation.

We get over 90F everyday here in Asia and carnauba wax is still working properly. Consider a black car (hood) parked under the sun will be well over 100F!

UCD
08-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I use DG 521. Try it, it works in hot and humid conditions. I'm in eastern Canada...so we a kinda in the same boat, lol.

OhTwoGT
08-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Try diluting DP Rinseless wash and gloss. Its a great QD from what ive heard and it doesnt have any streaking in hot temps. i am going to test this out and see how it works for myself but it seems like everybody likes it.

UCD
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Try diluting DP Rinseless wash and gloss. Its a great QD from what ive heard and it doesnt have any streaking in hot temps. i am going to test this out and see how it works for myself but it seems like everybody likes it.

Does it contain UV blockers?

HeavyMetal
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Does it contain UV blockers?

This was asked on another thread. IIRC, the answer is yes, it has some. However, the amount you're putting on a car is so minimal that I'd really question how effective it is. The same would apply to any other QD. You're gonna get most of your protection from the inhibitors in the paint and a little extra from the sealant or wax you use. Very little, if any, will come from a detailer, so I wouldn't work myself into a tizzy over it.

BTW, DP Rinseless will streak if the car is hot and in the sun. Of course, I haven't found a QD that won't do that.

erock
08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Ive found that the Meguiars Ultimate qd works really well on hot panels. Smells amazing too!

Dr Oldz
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
UWWP is my preferred choice.

silverfox
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
For weekly maintenance, Ultima WW Plus... is hard to beat versus conventional quick detailers... and because its a waterless wash, it is SAFER than a QD...which is what its all about these days. Why work so hard to get that paint perfect, and not use the safest category option out there?

Now if I were taking my car to a show, which I did last week, I have a special product for that...but for weekly maintenance...I really love UWWP.

A-train
08-03-2011, 04:37 PM
I maintained two cars this week I had previously topped with dodo-supernatural. I used sonus carnuba spritz qd. Has worked well for me, temps were around 95+ this week.

PPLd
08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Now if I were taking my car to a show, which I did last week, I have a special product for that...but for weekly maintenance...I really love UWWP.

I am interested to know what is the special product?
I assume that if you use it when you go for a car show, then it must look good and feel good!

Garry Dean
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Have youy ever tried Griots Garage Speed Shine? That is my all time favorite detail spray at this point.

poweraid
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I use optimum instant gloss and detailer. use it as dryin aid mostly.or quick touchup when needed. someday I'll get around to trying a rinseless wash as a qd , I have optimum and dp

zkeeper
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
With Gary on that! Here in St.Louis heat, the GG Speed Shine works...no streak and shines like crazy. Also been lately using the GG Spray on Wax as an extra sacrifice barrier in this heat--garage is sitting at 95 at night, it goes on, and wipes off easy. I like its staying power--keeps the base wax intact and dirt has not been sticking in rain issues last week. I liked that.:buffing:

Jenn1270
08-03-2011, 09:21 PM
With Gary on that! Here in St.Louis heat, the GG Speed Shine works...no streak and shines like crazy. Also been lately using the GG Spray on Wax as an extra sacrifice barrier in this heat--garage is sitting at 95 at night, it goes on, and wipes off easy. I like its staying power--keeps the base wax intact and dirt has not been sticking in rain issues last week. I liked that.:buffing:

How does the GG spray wax compare to OCW?

Jenn