PDA

View Full Version : Q about polycharger?

Pages : [1] 2

steveo3002
01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
i see the description for polycharger states it can improve some products by up to 400% , is there a way to find out what products work best with it?

ScottB
01-29-2007, 07:08 PM
to date only beta testers have used the product, those and a couple of us that scored a sample. It works REALLY well with UPP, thats all I am currently saying. Might wanna do some snooping on Autopia (use search function) until we get some in the hands of the AG fan.

BILL
01-29-2007, 07:53 PM
to date only beta testers have used the product, those and a couple of us that scored a sample. It works REALLY well with UPP, thats all I am currently saying. Might wanna do some snooping on Autopia (use search function) until we get some in the hands of the AG fan.

What is that stuff anyway???????a shine enhancer.or durability improver??:confused:

supercharged
01-30-2007, 01:05 AM
What is that stuff anyway???????a shine enhancer.or durability improver??:confused:
Durability improver.

BILL
01-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Durability improver.

Thanks..........but durability isn't an issue for me.i wax every week:cheers: as most of us do:p

orama
01-30-2007, 09:47 AM
There is extensive conversation about this at Autopia. I have reviewed a lot of it and I am glad that AG will be carrying it as it looks like real improvements in durability and shine have been consistently reported. It seems there have been alot of testing, and the results seem to be well documented by many senior posters on that site. Like any other product, however, we'll each be our own judge; but in my opinion based on the stated results during beta testing it warrants serious consideration.

From the AG description, one of the points is enhanced shine...
Improvement in wax protection and durability.
Enhanced paint slickness & shine.
Reduced dust and dirt build-up between washes.

Additionally, this stuff is supposed to be an accelerant, which I suppose means will cut cure times.

The AG marketing link
Polycharger- Wax Booster (http://www.autogeek.net/polycharger.html)

ScottB
01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
using it and the RDF product, I did not notice substantially different gloss. I noticed more slickness and clear improvement on durability after several washes. I did not however run it till the end, and new products arrive daily.

Kelso
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
so it does cut cure time then? the description vaguely mentions it but i wasnt sure. i never used zaino products but one thing i liked about the line was the flash cure additive, and i was wondering if this has a similar effect. if so i think i might try it out

ScottB
01-30-2007, 04:58 PM
it does speed the curing (drying) process just like Zfx. Bottle is bigger and more expensive. The H20 version is getting the best press as it truly amps up almost all qd'ers. Cannot wait to add it too 425

Lone_Star
01-30-2007, 06:59 PM
sounds like an interesting product

orama
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
There is extensive conversation about this at Autopia. I have reviewed a lot of it and I am glad that AG will be carrying it as it looks like real improvements in durability and shine have been consistently reported. It seems there have been alot of testing, and the results seem to be well documented by many senior posters on that site. Like any other product, however, we'll each be our own judge; but in my opinion based on the stated results during beta testing it warrants serious consideration.

From the AG description, one of the points is enhanced shine...
Improvement in wax protection and durability.
Enhanced paint slickness & shine.
Reduced dust and dirt build-up between washes.

Additionally, this stuff is supposed to be an accelerant, which I suppose means will cut cure times.

The AG marketing link
Polycharger- Wax Booster (http://www.autogeek.net/polycharger.html)

Just curious, Killrwheels, why did you remove the link I posted to the Autopia thread on this product? Pointing to a thread dedicated to a product that AG markets seemed to be a good method of increasing the knowledge of posters here on the AG board. With the link directly to the Polycharger discussions, in my view, it did not endorse either the Autopia forum or the Autopia store.

If it violates rules of the forum, my apologies.

ScottB
01-31-2007, 07:39 AM
we do not allow links to a competitors site, even for reference. Some have asked us not to, some have stated we are plagarizing, so it is much easier to delete all as possible.

Also after all, when all things are considered they are also still a competitor as they also sell detailing products. You were not warned as did not do anything wrong. David's site is a valuable site and we understand that also, so again no harm.

Google Search is our friend = polycharger

**hopefully we will have some out to the AG forum members shortly, and get some real world reviews, but in truth I still feel it is going to be a limited audience, as most detail far to often to need the durability enhancement**

Truls
01-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Polycharger + DuraGloss #105 should be a long lasting combo imo.

But in another way, if its so good as its suposed to be, why doesnt any of the manufacturer of feks pinnacle, DG, Megs etc put it their products?

Work i sales myself, so i probably know the answer already, but i had to ask.

Red350
01-31-2007, 09:43 AM
I ordered some so I can try it with QD sprays.
I'm just not clear which QD products it will be compatable.
I will certainly share my learnings here.

Matt S.
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm just not clear which QD products it will be compatable.

It has been tested for use with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant and Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection Spray among among others. I have Polycharged the Wolfgang and the increase in the longevity of the slickness has been phenomenal.