PDA

View Full Version : Color Specific Waxes: Are they worth the price premium?

VWR32
08-02-2011, 02:43 PM
I have been reading a lot of hype on line about color specific waxes, such as Zymol Rouge. The idea is that the wax contains special components and ingredients that bring out the depth of a certain color, most focusing on red, blue, silver/metalic, and dark colored cars. I recently aquired a client who owns 11 cars, and all of them are red. Would it be worth the investment of a red-wax for this client? My own VW R32 is also red, so I suppose I would test it on my car first, but before I purchase a red-wax, I would like to know if anyone has experience with these color specific waxes and if they are worth the extra money.

embolism
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd pick up some natty's red and call it a day

if you want to offer something special to this guy though (and he thinks this Zymol Rouge gives him something special) then by all means...

can't remember the test I saw where a bunch of difft coloured waxes from Dodo? were put on a white car hood to test what they leave behind. Might have even been a MP article...

rwright
08-02-2011, 03:26 PM
can't remember the test I saw where a bunch of difft coloured waxes from Dodo? were put on a white car hood to test what they leave behind. Might have even been a MP article...

Here you go http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/36681-dodo-waxes-color-changing-testing.html

ScottB
08-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Its likely a challenge and premium only the end user can answer. Try it and provide results here.

BobbyG
08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I'd pick up some natty's red and call it a day.

Tim's named one great wax and I've found that some of the Dodo line tend to boost specific colors as well....

Two waxes I find that support this are:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1222/medium/July_Order_02.JPG

Dodo Juice Banana Armor really makes the Millennium Yellow on my Z06 Corvette really stand out....:props:

Scott DeBrun
08-02-2011, 07:28 PM
DODO color specific waxes do enhance the color and the general use carnuabas also work very well. I've used the white diamond/light fantastic and orange crush/banana armor combo. As soon as it cools down I'm going to use the double hard/double soft combo.