PDA

View Full Version : Meg's MF ?'s

Hoytman
08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Is this product supposed to dry to a haze before removal? If so, how much dusting is there, if any?

embolism
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Do you mean the D300 compound? Never used it but it didn't look like it dusted in the video. Maybe you are using too much or working it too long.

Setec Astronomy
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Just the fact that you're asking this question makes me think you are using too much product. You don't specify whether you are talking about the compound or the finishing wax, but I believe the answer for both is that they can be removed immediately (no need to wait to haze, certainly for the compound), and dusting should be minimal to none.

MK6Jetta
08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I got zero dusting when I used it on my car. Very pleased with that. As for hazing, the video with Mike Phillips & the guys from Meg's pretty much states that you can take it off right away. They made the comment that in some high-volume operations, one guy lays it down and another guy follows right behind him buffing it off.

Jenn1270
08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I compounded about 3 panels and then went back and removed like they say in the video and it came off great. The finishing polish was the exact same way. Not a bit of dust.

chris11le
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I got some dusting but only when the pad really needed to be cleaned, and I had re-primed when I didnt need to. So to me it was just 2 indications I was using too much product.

Cleaned the pad with compressed air and only primed once (adding 3 or 4 drops of product after each panel) and the dusting went away.

Quite impressed with the cutting compound, I got it to finish down nicely enough that I was able to go right to LSP.

TLMitchell
08-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I compounded about 3 panels and then went back and removed like they say in the video and it came off great. The finishing polish was the exact same way. Not a bit of dust.

I wipe off the compound after completing each pass. With one exception it always wiped off clean n easy. Working in the garage with the doors open one humid night I had problems removing the compound residue. As the air cooled and the humidity increased the D300 became downright miserable to remove. It got so bad I gave up. Came back to it in the morning and it returned to it's usual clean n easy wipeoff. I've seen a couple of reports commenting on the same.

TL

05xrunner
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
wipe off after every section..I have not got any dust from D300 or D301

Hoytman
08-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Do you mean the D300 compound? Never used it but it didn't look like it dusted in the video. Maybe you are using too much or working it too long.

Just the fact that you're asking this question makes me think you are using too much product. You don't specify whether you are talking about the compound or the finishing wax, but I believe the answer for both is that they can be removed immediately (no need to wait to haze, certainly for the compound), and dusting should be minimal to none.
Just general questions since I'm thinking about a DA kit with the micro fiber system.

Jenn1270
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Just general questions since I'm thinking about a DA kit with the micro fiber system.

You surely won't be disappointed. If I can use it, it is pretty much idiot proof, and I know this because I am an idiot.

Jenn

Hoytman
08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
You surely won't be disappointed. If I can use it, it is pretty much idiot proof, and I know this because I am an idiot.

Jenn
Perhaps it's easy to use, but you are not an idiot Jenn.:)