PDA

View Full Version : Optimum spray compound/polish/wax ?'s

Hoytman
08-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Can this be used with a DA? If so, what pads are recommended? I was wondering how it might work with MF pads.

How much dusting comes from using these products, if any?

Do you allow products to dry before removing?

BobbyG
08-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Optimum Compounds and Polishes

These work best with using with a dual action polisher. The compound works best with an orange then white pad. Optimum Spray Polish works nicely when used with a White and Gray pad.

The cut of these product can actually be varied by switching to a more or less aggressive pad so don't be afraid to experiment until you find the combination that works for you.

Dusting is minimal and easy to deal with.

Optimum Spray Wax

Apply this directly to the surface or a clean Microfiber cloth and buff to a nice gloss. So you can gage the effort it takes to use, one can cover an entire car correctly in about 30 minutes or less, no dual action polisher here.

Hoytman
08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Optimum Compounds and Polishes

[QUOTE]These work best with using with a dual action polisher. The compound works best with an orange then white pad. Optimum Spray Polish works nicely when used with a White and Gray pad.
This is great information. When looking at AG I was getting the impression that it could only be used with a rotary.

The cut of these product can actually be varied by switching to a more or less aggressive pad so don't be afraid to experiment until you find the combination that works for you.
More great information.

Dusting is minimal and easy to deal with.
Great!

Optimum Spray Wax

Apply this directly to the surface or a clean Microfiber cloth and buff to a nice gloss. So you can gage the effort it takes to use, one can cover an entire car correctly in about 30 minutes or less, no dual action polisher here.

This is the best part. Laura had told me about this as well, and said it was simple to use, and best of all fast.

I haven't ordered my DA yet, or any pads, but I was heavily considering the Optimum spray products (or Meg's MF system) for a paint correction on my 05 Trailblazer. I'm the second owner, and it's heavily oxidized, or something...it's cloudy as heck. It was in a fire supposedly, but it just looks neglected to me.

I tried a test spot by hand with Meg's UC, then Meg's UP. I think it'll be alright once I get a machine and get to work. Been thinking about getting a machine for weeks on end now, but some personal issues set me back.
Thanks BobbyG!!:dblthumb2:

Bill

BobbyG
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
These work best with using with a dual action polisher. The compound works best with an orange then white pad. Optimum Spray Polish works nicely when used with a White and Gray pad.

I really need to start re-reading my posts slooooooooowly before hitting the submit button. :confused:

What this should have said; These work best when used with a dual action polisher...:props:

I've never tried using them with my rotary but that doesn't mean one should not experiment!