PDA

View Full Version : Etched in paint

dutty21
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I have recently purchased a black BMW X5 4.6is. The previous owner let the car sit as a lawn decoration. I know this due to the extremely low mileage for the year and how badly the water spots are etched into the paint. I have made my best efforts using P1 Nanocomposite Polish by GTechniq and a Flex DA polisher. This product worked very well with my other vehicle, but does nothing for my BMW. Is there anything else I can do, or do I have to take my car in to a professional? I would love to be able to do the work myself, however, I do not want to risk damaging the paint. Feed back please

I do not have much experience in way of detailing, but my appreciation for the art has me starving for knowledge.

Thank you,

Nic

timaishu
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Where do you live.

Im sure someone on this forum can help you out.

embolism
08-02-2011, 11:33 AM
get a WG TSR sample from AG if you want to start off less aggressive or some ultimate compound OTC. Do a test spot and see if it takes them out. Also check out Mike's article on the difft types of waterspots.

if not, the big guns are M105 and 205

BMW clear is hard. Not sure what level the G techniq polish is but you need something stronger for most german and american cars.

dutty21
08-03-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm in Hawaii. I will look into the suggested products. I will also look into Mike's descriptions for different water spots. I appreciate the help and welcome anymore advise anyone can provide.