PDA

View Full Version : Review - Griots Garage One-Step Sealant (Part 1)- Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

Garry Dean
08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Here is Part 1 of my Griots Garage One-Step Sealant Review. I really like this product. I have used it on 5 additional vehicles after I shot this video and I must say that it is fantastic!

The only bad thing I can think to say is that you MUST shake it up every time you go to apply it to your pad. It separates like crazy, in a flash.

This will definately be my new "go to" one step product... Until I find one I like better.

Part 2 will show how well this product performs on gel coat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr7mIX71D0I]‪Review Griots Garage One Step Sealant Part 1‬‏ - YouTube[/video]

The Nissan Altima in the video

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/Detailing101/IMG_0462.jpg

2006 Ford Fuzion

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab120/Detailing101/IMG_0006.jpg

Jeff120
08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the review. Always looking for a faster, better way to do 1 steppers.

I know you said you like it better then d151, have you ever used poli seal?

Who asked you to do the review?

Garry Dean
08-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the review. Always looking for a faster, better way to do 1 steppers.

I know you said you like it better then d151, have you ever used poli seal?

Who asked you to do the review?

Yes I have used Poli-seal. It seems like the GG flashes faster. I like more work in less time. I think it also cuts a little more. I will have to do a side by side and get back to you.

Meghan asked me to share my thoughts.

brawl
08-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I am also interested in AIO's and this product is under my radar because it's one of the affordable AIO's and leaves sealant rather than wax. Please tell us about its cut.

Garry Dean
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I am also interested in AIO's and this product is under my radar because it's one of the affordable AIO's and leaves sealant rather than wax. Please tell us about its cut.

At $14.99 it definately is affordable. I will keep you guys updated about the cut.

brawl
08-01-2011, 09:27 PM
At $14.99 it definately is affordable. I will keep you guys updated about the cut.

Thanks. I am sure you will try it with other pads. Keep us posted and keep up the good work in sharing.:xyxthumbs:

Garry Dean
08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks. I am sure you will try it with other pads. Keep us posted and keep up the good work in sharing.:xyxthumbs:

Will do, thanks!

Perfections
08-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the review, go with your light and take a look at a dark colored car a week after you apply the sealant, you will see the only drawback to this product. I do love it's cleaning/correcting/durability though :)

brawl
08-02-2011, 12:44 AM
the only drawback to this product

Can you please share your experience? Thanks

Garry Dean
08-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Can you please share your experience? Thanks

He may be saying that these type products fill and hide more than they correct. That may be true, but they sure do make em look good in the meantime.

brawl
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
He may be saying that these type products fill and hide more than they correct. That may be true, but they sure do make em look good in the meantime.

I see. If it will fit a well-maintained paint, one with 0-5% below surface defects, and leaves a nice sealant as base for a wax, I think I can deal with the low cutting power and fillers. I wonder how it compares to FK215, which is cheaper.

Garry Dean
08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I see. If it will fit a well-maintained paint, one with 0-5% below surface defects, and leaves a nice sealant as base for a wax, I think I can deal with the low cutting power and fillers. I wonder how it compares to FK215, which is cheaper.

Not sure. I will look into that product as well.

TornadoRed
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
This having fillers is news to me. I visited the Tacoma store and was told that the one step sealant is a mix of machine polish 3 and their paint sealant. I was also told that machine polish 4 and their glaze are the only products that have fillers.

I have the one step on my shelf and it will get used this fall. I used the paint sealant last winter on my wife's car and it's the only sealant I've used that was 100% water spot free after 3 months. I hope the one step is the same way.

Garry Dean
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
This having fillers is news to me. I visited the Tacoma store and was told that the one step sealant is a mix of machine polish 3 and their paint sealant. I was also told that machine polish 4 and their glaze are the only products that have fillers.

I have the one step on my shelf and it will get used this fall. I used the paint sealant last winter on my wife's car and it's the only sealant I've used that was 100% water spot free after 3 months. I hope the one step is the same way.

Yes Sir, sorry to bring the bad news. It sure does fill a bit. All sealants fill.

Give er a try. Im sure you will like it.

Perfections
08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
The filling wasn't what I was referring to, I don't want to say what I've found as I wanna see if Gary finds the same to be true since our climates are close. It's really only a small detail, seeing 95% of my clients that get a wax also get their vehicles maintained by me as well, so I get to see the cars a lot. There's so many variables to how each product performs and who knows this may only be a problem I'm having with the application or removal of the product. Only time will tell, keep us posted if your maintaining any of these cars Gary :)