PDA

View Full Version : water spots, Opti-coat 2.0 and Polyseal

Tom Weed
08-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Okay, today at work, some "special" poeple decided to water some plants in front of my car while it was parked, someone told me my car was getting wet, so as soon as I saw it left, came home and wiped my car down opti-clean. It was just front of the car, but the spotting was there. My car had Opti-coat 2.0 applied back in late May, I just finished up polishing out the spots with a finishing pad and Polyseal, but my question is, do I need to re-apply Opti-coat now?

:rant::rant::rant:

silverfox
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
It's never been made clear to me... How would one know when they have busted through the Opti coat coating? One other question....is PO85RD safe to spruce up Opti coat without abrading it away...?..

LegacyGT
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Interesting you should ask, I have an ongoing thread I just started today: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/39215-how-oc-2-0-holds-up-severe-water-spotting.html

As far as polishing, I know that Poli-Seal is safe on OC and will not remove the coating. Cee Dog just polished his out one of his OC cars without any issue.