PDA

View Full Version : NOT working today.....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

justin_murphy
01-29-2007, 09:01 AM
To all of you in that so-called state below Georgia, you officially suck this morning.

Freakn' 11* here.........RIGHT NOW!!!

Needless to say, I now will be participating in a 3-day weekend!!!

I am not working in this. I don't think my water is either!

ehuth1
01-29-2007, 09:23 AM
22* Here !!! I gotta work night shift this week with only 1 wash-n-wax on the schedule for WED. I got some 4-1 Rinseless on the way :)

Nuke33
01-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Its 6 here in NY :( in the 4th snowiest place in the US :( I hate NY

trl2112
01-29-2007, 09:29 AM
13* here with 15 MPH winds I am glad I work from home today! I dont even have to step out in it.

Advanced Detailing
01-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Here in sunny south florida, we're freezing also, a high of only 65, Justin.....lol. Don't know how i will work , well, it'll be up to 80 again in a couple of days. You'll thaw out when you get here in february. That's why i can wotk year round, only i have to battle the hundreds of so called detailers here with their $50 specials. We all have our battles to fight. Keep warm everyone.

justin_murphy
01-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Here in sunny south florida, we're freezing also, a high of only 65, Justin.....lol. Don't know how i will work , well, it'll be up to 80 again in a couple of days. You'll thaw out when you get here in february. That's why i can wotk year round, only i have to battle the hundreds of so called detailers here with their $50 specials. We all have our battles to fight. Keep warm everyone.

I know there is alot of competition down there. I have none. Only one hole in the wall and the owner has a DUI every other week. Would you let him pick up YOUR car? Hellz no!

But then again, I'm at home not making any money!

bambo2888
01-29-2007, 09:44 AM
aw man, i feel ya Justin, its gonna be 64* here today, damn. hahah

GearHead_1
01-29-2007, 09:53 AM
We call that a snow day here in Utah. Doesn't have to be any precipitation. Snow days mean you don't have to go to school. I think this qualifies in your situation and state.

GearHead_1
01-29-2007, 09:54 AM
We call that a snow day here in Utah. Doesn't have to be any precipitation. Snow days mean you don't have to go to school. I think this qualifies in your situation and state. Your temperature sounds a little balmy however. I'm looking out a window and the thermometer says -12 degrees.

P1et
01-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I think it's supposed to be the coldest week here in centraxl Texas since 1996. Looking forward to it!

ehuth1
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I know there is alot of competition down there. I have none. Only one hole in the wall and the owner has a DUI every other week. Would you let him pick up YOUR car? Hellz no!

But then again, I'm at home not making any money!

Drunk valet :) Too funny, but scary !! I guess it's a good day to work on a flyer.

justin_murphy
01-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Drunk valet :) Too funny, but scary !! I guess it's a good day to work on a flyer.

I'm getting ready to go out to businesses now to advertise.

FloridaNative
01-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Man, that's cold Justin. BRRRRRRRRRR You are so disciplined though to go out and advertise. If it were me I'd probably just go back to bed. :) But that's why you're making the big bucks. ;)

ehuth1
01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm getting ready to go out to businesses now to advertise.

Give me a rough cut on your sales pitch. It would be interesting to know how you approach the un-educated consumer on keeping their vehicle maintained.

:righton: < Pointers are always good :D

justin_murphy
01-29-2007, 11:45 AM
"Hello(to receptionist). Can I speak to the owner of this business?"

"Hello sir/mam. My name is Justin Murphy, president of Clean4U Detailing (I say all of this while shaking hands."

"I see you all have some really nice vehicles here. I would love the opportunity to maintain them for you"

The next part of the conversation is about pricing and telling what services I offer.

This is followed by the assumed close.......
Withe my appointment book open and not even looking up I say:
"So, what day of the week is good for you?"

And that's when I get an objection or appointment. If there's an objection, I simply counter it. 75% set an appointment up this way.