PDA

View Full Version : Can Souveran paste wax repel zombies and pirates?

POPPAJ
08-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Sorry about the title, but I posted the below questions two days ago an no replies so I thought I would get at least some attention if I ramped up the title. BTW, I have it on good authority that two coats will repel pirates, no word on zombies yet.

" I spent about five days on the the paint on my black Marauder recently. Paint chips, multi-stage polish, PO85RD, Black Hole, Wolfgang sealant, Blacklight and finished off with Souveran.

Questions: Does Souveran or any other beauty wax that claims to darken paint have that effect when applied over a sealant?

I used the WOWO method in applying Souveran using 100% cotton towels for removal. I noticed that the surface after the wipe down had an oily film to it even when gone over again with a MF towel. Is that normal? I let it set overnight and the oiliness had almost disappeared. I went over the whole vehicle with Pinnacle spray wax(very nice BTW)and all is good."

Your comments......PLEASE!

05xrunner
08-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Souveran is a bit oily..you have to put it on very very thin..I dont think using a cotton towel is very good..it will not absorb like a good MF and isnt as delicate on the paint. The Cobra rolled edge MF towels I think work hand and hand with souveran.

JonMiles
08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
IME Souveran repels ghosts with 1 coat, pirates and vampires with 2 coats, and zombies with 3 coats. A fourth coat will also repel werewolfs and the occasional unicorn.

The only real problem is that Souveran tends to attract elves that like to tell Santa that you need to be placed on the Naughty list for making people jealous of your shiny paint.

maluminas
08-01-2011, 12:58 PM
So your process was:

Polish
Filler glaze
Sealant
Another sealant/glaze
Wax

To me this looks like too many products. When you apply lots of products from different manufacturers you increase the chances of running into some type of incompatibility, which could be the cause of your strange oily feel.

It sounds like you did a good job polishing your paint, so right there i say you can drop the Black Hole glaze, as it is a filler to reduce the look of swirls. If you dont have any swirls, you dont need fillers.

The Wolfgang sealant is an excellent choice as a first layer of protection. But then you add another product, which is unclear about if its a sealant or a glaze or a hybrid. Personally, i would choose only one sealant, and apply it twice if needed. Choose the one you like best.

Then you applied a wax, which is a good idea after a sealant, but i wonder if the Blacklight caused bonding issues since i dont know what it actually is.

So to summarize, i would simplify your process. After a good polish, all you really need for excellent shine and protection is:

Sealant, one or two coats of the same.
Wax, one or two coats of the same.
Spray wax or Quick detailer after washes.

Also Souveran repels ninjas with only one coat.

LegacyGT
08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
IME Souveran repels ghosts with 1 coat, pirates and vampires with 2 coats, and zombies with 3 coats. A fourth coat will also repel werewolfs and the occasional unicorn.

The only real problem is that Souveran tends to attract elves that like to tell Santa that you need to be placed on the Naughty list for making people jealous of your shiny paint.
:iagree:

Glad someone beat me to this, because it needed to be done.

POPPAJ
08-01-2011, 02:02 PM
So your process was:

Polish
Filler glaze
Sealant
Another sealant/glaze
Wax

To me this looks like too many products. When you apply lots of products from different manufacturers you increase the chances of running into some type of incompatibility, which could be the cause of your strange oily feel.

It sounds like you did a good job polishing your paint, so right there i say you can drop the Black Hole glaze, as it is a filler to reduce the look of swirls. If you dont have any swirls, you dont need fillers.

The Wolfgang sealant is an excellent choice as a first layer of protection. But then you add another product, which is unclear about if its a sealant or a glaze or a hybrid. Personally, i would choose only one sealant, and apply it twice if needed. Choose the one you like best.

Then you applied a wax, which is a good idea after a sealant, but i wonder if the Blacklight caused bonding issues since i dont know what it actually is.

So to summarize, i would simplify your process. After a good polish, all you really need for excellent shine and protection is:

Sealant, one or two coats of the same.
Wax, one or two coats of the same.
Spray wax or Quick detailer after washes.

Also Souveran repels ninjas with only one coat.

What you say makes sense, just have too many products and tried to use too many.

Ninjas? Pffttt...

oldmodman
08-01-2011, 02:13 PM
"Can Souveran paste wax repel zombies and pirates?"

No, I am sorry to say that it cannot. Those are almost always copywritten characters.

But it will repel I.R.S. Collection Agents, Jehovah's Witnesses, and some advertising placard placers (I sure hate those things under my windshield wiper arms).

KneeDragr
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
After trying a couple different WOWO waxes Ive decided they are not for me. Too much buffing and to inconsistent of a finish.
I like stuff that can be left on for a while and wiped off cleanly later when its good and bonded.

CrownKote
08-01-2011, 02:21 PM

You forgot one thing on the repelancy list... 2 coats will also repel hack detailers and show them what paint is supposed to look like!... lol...

Souveran is in fact kinda oily it just takes a bit of time for it to die off IME...

Blacklight is a nano-hybrid glaze/gloss enhancer product...

yakky
08-01-2011, 05:05 PM
After trying a couple different WOWO waxes Ive decided they are not for me. Too much buffing and to inconsistent of a finish.
I like stuff that can be left on for a while and wiped off cleanly later when its good and bonded.

I agree, but I leave Souveran on while I apply to the whole car. It is dried by the time I come back around to wipe it off. I do the same with S100 and Natty's.

ScottB
08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I agree, but I leave Souveran on while I apply to the whole car. It is dried by the time I come back around to wipe it off. I do the same with S100 and Natty's.

Souveran Paste is meant to be buffed off damp and actually a bit harder to remove dried, Souveran Liquid was designed in the opposite manner.

POPPAJ
08-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Souveran is a bit oily..you have to put it on very very thin..I dont think using a cotton towel is very good..it will not absorb like a good MF and isnt as delicate on the paint. The Cobra rolled edge MF towels I think work hand and hand with souveran.

I doubt that the problem is with the cotton towels as I've been using them for removal for almost 50 years with all types of LSP's. Product was applied very thin with a PC and a red pad. As others have noted my problem is most likely due to using too many products from different manufactures.

Thanks for your input!

05xrunner
08-02-2011, 07:49 AM
no it sounds like you basically used to much..I ran into this the first time I ever used souveran..it has a little learning curve on how little to actually use because of how oily it is.