PDA

View Full Version : Griots Spray-On Wax

KneeDragr
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I tried this stuff out this weekend and Im quite glad I purchased it. I washed the car, pulled it into the garage and leaf-blower dried it, removing 90% of the water. Then went around misting panels with the Spray wax and drying with a Cobra guzzler ( switching to a dry one half way through ).

I was very impressed, no streaking, very slick surface, nice shine and glow with no haze.

I also performed a little test on the hood. I misted half the hood with the Griots Spray On Wax, the other with FK425 my favorite quick detailer.

I dont know if the FK425 didnt like the water on the surface, but it actually hazed a bit compared to the Griots, and the surface didnt feel that normal super slick. So I went over that area with the Griots afterwards and it felt/looked nice like the other side, so all good.

Strange thing is, I went out the next morning and sprayed the FK425 on a few panels and it left the normal super slick surface I am used to. So maybe it was the water that mucked it up. Or maybe I had the spray wax on the towel and that somehow conflicted with the FK425.

I cant speak for the longevity but as far as ease of application goes it ranks higher than the other spray waxes I have tried ( meguiars ultimate, optimum ), and equals the ease of the Blackfire spray sealant Ive used in the past.

Plus its relatively cheap at 13$ for 35 ounces. Hopefully it will BOGO at some point in the future and I can stock up!

Gunslinger
08-01-2011, 10:06 AM
It's a great product in a world of great products...and AG carries most of the great products.

I use Griot's Spray On Wax on my family's daily drivers after each wash on top of Griot's Paint Sealant I apply to them twice a year. Their products never fail to work as advertised and look fantastic.

The way to buy them is to wait until AG or Griot's has a special sale promotion and buy a number of items together.

Griot's products are also being sold at Advance Auto now if you need something and don't want to wait for an order.

Twister
08-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I use GG spray on wax after every wash on my cars. It makes it easier to dry and it smells good too

TornadoRed
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I love it. Their directions say to use it on a wet car but I prefer to dry the car first and then use the spray-on wax.

jwellsii
08-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Great stuff we use it all the time.:buffing:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Great stuff! Durability isn't very good, but boy does it make the car look good after a wash!

Jenn1270
08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Is it similar to Aquawax in that it is used on a wet car?

WRAPT C5Z06
08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes.

Jenn1270
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Yes.

I love mine. I got some on BOGO a while back and use it with most every wash unless I am going to seal and wax.

Jenn

rfinkle2
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Definitely one of my favorite products for a quick touch-up in between larger wax jobs.