PDA

View Full Version : LSP after QD

Widetrack
08-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Washed my truck yesterday and I didn't quite stay ahead of the sun. I wound up with some minor water spots. Once the truck was in the shade, I did a QD and the water spots came right off. Would it be OK to apply an LSP after the QD?

Mentalm
08-01-2011, 07:01 AM
ive never had an issue myself doing so. i always hit the car with some QD to get all the dust etc off that may of landed on it while working before i do the LSP and i havnt had an issue

CrownKote
08-01-2011, 07:05 AM
ive never had an issue myself doing so. i always hit the car with some QD to get all the dust etc off that may of landed on it while working before i do the LSP and i havnt had an issue

This is what I do also...

Mike Phillips
08-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Washed my truck yesterday and I didn't quite stay ahead of the sun. I wound up with some minor water spots. Once the truck was in the shade, I did a QD and the water spots came right off. Would it be OK to apply an LSP after the QD?

It should be the least of your worries...

:xyxthumbs:

KneeDragr
08-01-2011, 09:18 AM
I do it all the time on the hood, probably every other wash. While the LSP may not bond quite as well as if it was applied directly on clean prepped paint, Im sure it helps protect longer than if it wasnt applied.