PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys S & G

joe.p
04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
No before pics but beleive me the car was filthy.
Shampoo w/kit wash and wax
WW guzzler
Hyper dressing 3 to 1 tires and wheel wells
PBs S & G

The hyper dressing 3 to 1 was ok for the wheel wells but i didnt care for on the tires ,their wasnt enough gloss for my liking.
directions did say cut 3 to 1 for a satin finish.

Meghan
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
No before pics but beleive me the car was filthy.
Shampoo w/kit wash and wax
WW guzzler
Hyper dressing 3 to 1 tires and wheel wells
PBs S & G

The hyper dressing 3 to 1 was ok for the wheel wells but i didnt care for on the tires ,their wasnt enough gloss for my liking.
directions did say cut 3 to 1 for a satin finish.
LOVE the reflection shots!

EscapeNow
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Is that a flowering crab in your hood? haha

joe.p
04-28-2006, 10:51 PM
LOVE the reflection shots!
Glad you like it,
:cool: Their perrty like you :p :)

ScottB
04-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I initially walked away from S&G after having some real bad streaking while using it. Steve from Poorboys even sent me a micro to see if it was my towel choice, to no avail.

What I did find out recently, it works extremely well when used on a damp vehicle. No streaking and rewarding gloss. Simply I blow the car almost dry, and then I spritz each panel. It offers enough lubrication to glide the Guzzler over the surface, and amps up the gloss when done. Much more rewarding, and glad I revisited.

joe.p
04-30-2006, 11:10 AM
I initially walked away from S&G after having some real bad streaking while using it. Steve from Poorboys even sent me a micro to see if it was my towel choice, to no avail.

What I did find out recently, it works extremely well when used on a damp vehicle. No streaking and rewarding gloss. Simply I blow the car almost dry, and then I spritz each panel. It offers enough lubrication to glide the Guzzler over the surface, and amps up the gloss when done. Much more rewarding, and glad I revisited.
I'm also having some issues with streaking
As the days become warmer and the panels heat up the S&G will streak.I'm not so sure other products used the same way wouldn't have some streaking as well.killrwheels@autogeek have you experienced streaking with other QDers also?

ScottB
05-01-2006, 06:03 PM
I'm also having some issues with streaking
As the days become warmer and the panels heat up the S&G will streak.I'm not so sure other products used the same way wouldn't have some streaking as well.killrwheels@autogeek have you experienced streaking with other QDers also?

Several .... especially the S&G, Werkstatt Carnuba Glos, and Menzena Acrylic Spritz. I am amazed at how little streaking Crystal Mist, Clearkote Quikshine, and Finish Kare 425 leave. But I still try everyone that comes to market. I gotta admit I am a QD'ing junky. I just picked up a bottle of Zymol Detailer for 2.99 at Biglots along with TurtleWax High Gloss. Heck I know they are mass market products, but I cannot resist.

belcherm58
05-02-2006, 05:27 AM
I keep reading about this streaking. I never have this problem. I use a
plush MF towel and lightly spray and buff to a high gloss. LSP is Natty's Blue.
I wonder if maybe the shampoo used or the LSP maybe a contributing
factor.

ScottB
05-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I keep reading about this streaking. I never have this problem. I use a
plush MF towel and lightly spray and buff to a high gloss. LSP is Natty's Blue.
I wonder if maybe the shampoo used or the LSP maybe a contributing
factor.

Some of it is due to heat in South Florida and more importantly the humidity. I also blame some products as they appear to be made almost "too concentrated". I use very plush towels, and very anal about how much QD'er is used. Doesnt seem to be makeup as no streaking with Sonus, yet Menzerna always does and both are acrylic, and see very little with Werkstatt Glos also.

Mr. Clean
05-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Several .... especially the S&G, Werkstatt Carnuba Glos, and Menzena Acrylic Spritz. I am amazed at how little streaking Crystal Mist, Clearkote Quikshine, and Finish Kare 425 leave. But I still try everyone that comes to market. I gotta admit I am a QD'ing junky. I just picked up a bottle of Zymol Detailer for 2.99 at Biglots along with TurtleWax High Gloss. Heck I know they are mass market products, but I cannot resist.

LOL, QDs are my product weak spot as well. They are an easy itch to scratch as I rationalize my purchases with the understanding that along with car wash they are a consumable that I go through rather quickly. Add to that I've not yet met the QD that I didn't like (that is none have proven to be truly bad). ;) I've been stalking my Big Lots in hopes that the TW detailer would show up on the shelves, but they haven not yet made an appearance.

I have not worked my way to PB's S&G or FK's 425, but they are on the radar. I bought several gallons of Meg's FD when I heard it was being discontinued. That when combined with a gallon of Adam's DS and the various 16/32oz bottles of misc QDs/spray waxes and I need to find some more room. :)

Mr. Clean
05-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Some of it is due to heat in South Florida and more importantly the humidity. I also blame some products as they appear to be made almost "too concentrated". I use very plush towels, and very anal about how much QD'er is used. Doesnt seem to be makeup as no streaking with Sonus, yet Menzerna always does and both are acrylic, and see very little with Werkstatt Glos also.
Agreed heat and humidity can both contribute to the problem (we get plenty of both...and the humidity factor seems to be on the rise in recent years). The heat especially when the surface is so hot that the product begins to dry before it gets wiped. That problem seems to alleviate itself as the wiping towel gets a little more damp with product.

I'm pretty "free" when applying QDs (did I mention I've got alot :D ). If I get streaking, I actually apply more product and grab a second towel if necessary.

cwcad
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM
If I get streaking, I actually apply more product and grab a second towel if necessary.

This is the exact same thing that I do as well.

I also have noticed when I get streaking with S&G that the panels are warm if not hot. The other thing to take into consideration is the amount sprayed on the paint surface. If used sparingly I have found that there is very little streaking and wonderful gloss. To much product requires a second application with a light spray.

It is also very important to always have a dry and not damp towel for drying to maintain a streak free paint surface. The initial wipe down only requires a clean towel. It can be damp. In fact damp requires less product when applied. That is why I have been using a foam core waffle weave to aid in my application around my black truck.

I never use a waffel weave foam core towels unless I have done an S&W wipedown previous to the S&G.