PDA

View Full Version : Review: Poorboys PwC and EX Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

ZaneO
01-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I've had these for quite some time, but after spending some time with them again, I thought I should review them.

Product: Poorboys Polish with Carnauba

http://poorboysworld.com/products/pb-polish.jpg

Price: $21.95 for 32 oz.

Manufacturer's Claim: "This is a non-abrasive polish containing 100% carnuba wax. It cleans and seals a paint's finish in one step. This is an excellent one-step product for paints in good condition. It works very well with orbital buffers.

* EASY ON/ EASY OFF
* NON-ABRASIVE
* 100% CARNUBA
* UV PROTECTANT
* GREAT ON ALL CLEARCOATS/PAINTS
* USE IN SUN or SHADE
* REMOVES OXIDATION, HAZE, FINE SCRATCHES, SWIRL MARKS, SAP,TAR, BUGS, OVER-SPRAY, OLD PRODUCTS and more!
* USE ON: CHROME, PLASTIC, & HARD RUBBER
* REMOVES BIRD DROPPINGS & WATER STAINS (acid rain)
* VIRTUALLY ELIMINATES WATER SPOTTING
* NO PRE-CLEANERS NECESSARY!
* YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ALL IN ONE DAY!"

Usage: I applied this with a polishing pad at speed 5 on the PC using light to moderate pressure.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: This product goes on easy and comes off easy. It has pretty good cleaning ability and can handle light oxidation well. It has limited ability with swirls, etc. It leaves behind a nice finish and makes a good base for a wax or sealant.

Complaints: None to speak of.

Product: Poorboys EX Sealant

http://poorboysworld.com/products/ex.jpg

Price: $15.95 for 16 oz.

Manufacturer's Claim: An Amino Functional Resin with Carnuba. Use it post-polishing to ensure EXtra shine, EXtra protection and EXtra long-lasting beauty for your vehicles.

Usage: I applied this by hand using a cotton applicator (primed with distilled water)

Overall Thoughts and Notes: The product is a little thick, so getting a thin application took a little work. After 30-45 minutes, removal was nearly effortless. The finish was smooth, had moderate slickness, and a slight, warm glow. Previous testing shows roughly two months durability.

Complaints: More durability would be great.

Questions or comments?

abrcrombe
01-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Can you do mine next? ;) No just kidding! Great review, you may want to take down those links though. Not allowed here.

Strokin04
01-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Good write up and even better looking Camaro. Mike...

Nuke33
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Great write up thanks

wytstang
01-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I think I have some of that some were, I may have to give it a wirl..

FloridaNative
01-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Great write up ZaneO. Your car looks fantastic. :applause:

Bence
01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
When a manufacturer is unable to spell "carnauba" correctly on their labels... well... painfully embarrassing.

boardumb
01-29-2007, 12:23 PM
When a manufacturer is unable to spell "carnauba" correctly on their labels... well... painfully embarrassing.

lol

FloridaNative
01-29-2007, 12:25 PM
LOL I guess it just goes to show you, you don't have to be a great speller, you just have to have a great product!

wytstang
01-29-2007, 12:27 PM
You know I never saw that until you mentioned it lol

boardumb
01-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm going to check all my PB products now....:p

justin_murphy
01-29-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL!
How embaresssingg to missspel some thing lik dat!

FloridaNative
01-29-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL!
How embaresssingg to missspel some thing lik dat!

hehehehehehe loquito. ;)

Bence
01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
One day, Thomas Jefferson said something about spelling to his daughter. He was absolutely right. This is the most basic/fundamental/essential thing when you represent yourself, your own sophistication, and especially your company with a message.

The mentioned products themselves, can be still good nevertheless...

FloridaNative
01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
One day, Thomas Jefferson said something about spelling to his daughter. He was absolutely right. This is the most basic/fundamental/essential thing when you represent yourself, your own sophistication, and especially your company with a message.

The mentioned products themselves, can be still good nevertheless...

Wow! Bence. It always amazes me how much Europeans know about the United States, but I don't think I've ever heard a European quote Thomas Jefferson before. I'm very impressed. :applause: