PDA

View Full Version : Leather protector for a new car

Kurt_s
07-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys,

I picked up a 2011 alpine white 528i with oyster interior on Thursday. I already got grease on the driver's seat which I removed with Leatherique Pristine Clean.

What are your favorites for protecting near white leather from the coming coffee, ink, lipstick, food and occasional greasy grime that I know is coming?

Thanks for your advice.

Mobile detail
07-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Ultimia seems to have a great following. UIGP. Check out CEE DOGS review. It is said to make the letter super soft and offer protection. A bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way.

Rsurfer
07-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi Guys,

I picked up a 2011 alpine white 528i with oyster interior on Thursday. I already got grease on the driver's seat which I removed with Leatherique Pristine Clean.

What are your favorites for protecting near white leather from the coming coffee, ink, lipstick, food and occasional greasy grime that I know is coming?

Thanks for your advice.

Do you have the protection cream? If not, just keep it clean.

jfelbab
07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Leather Masters Protection Cream, a sealant for your leather.

Matt
07-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Ultimia seems to have a great following. UIGP. Check out CEE DOGS review. It is said to make the letter super soft and offer protection. A bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way.

For a sort of seal protection, as in repelling stains, I would recommend UIGP. Ultimately, nothing is going to protect fully from stains and spills but Ultima Interior Guard Plus does a pretty good job.

I have black leather so don't really do anything apart from clean and condition (with Leatherique) but I do treat some of my interior plastics and headrests backs (for sun protection) with UGIP.

I have had my bottle of UGIP since April 2009 and I still have 3/4 of the bottle left. A little goes a looooong way.

A.P.A.D.
07-31-2011, 08:33 PM
i want to see pictures of the beauty!

:Picture:

CEE DOG
07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
For stain repllency and a few other things I would look no further:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/26993-review-ultima-interior-guard-plus-uigp.html

Matt
07-31-2011, 09:01 PM
For stain repllency and a few other things I would look no further:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/26993-review-ultima-interior-guard-plus-uigp.html

DING DING I think we have a winner :props:

Kurt_s
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't have leather masters protection creme. I went with Leatherique products last year for my 99 bimmer, and never got around to the leather masters. Ron, good stuff?

I think that I still have some UIGP around which was what I was thinking about. Thanks Matt and Corey.

Take care guys!

Rsurfer
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't have leather masters protection creme. I went with Leatherique products last year for my 99 bimmer, and never got around to the leather masters. Ron, good stuff?

I think that I still have some UIGP around which was what I was thinking about. Thanks Matt and Corey.

Take care guys!

UIGP would be a good choice Kurt.:props:

WRAPT C5Z06
08-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Leather Masters Protection Cream or UIGP, Kurt. :props: