PDA

View Full Version : Primed pad storage

mg6045
07-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Ive got a question,

I just did a test spot on my car with Power Finish and a tangerine LC pad. The pad saw 5 minutes worth of usage and is nicely primed and ready to go.

Now, I dont plan to polish the car until tomorrow morning.

Would it be safe to put the primed pad in a sealed ziplock bag for the night...open it up in the morning and start polishing with it ?

Or would it be safer to just clean the pad and start over (something i dont want to do) ?

(btw, I'm extremely impressed with the PowerFinish/Tangerine LowPro pad combo. It easily corrected (light washing defects) the finish on my OEM Audi paint, which is impressive to me)

dchristo
07-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I dont know what others do but I have done that a few times with no problems

DaHen
07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't see why not. Wouldn't want to keep it in the ziplock bag for to long though.

trerc
07-30-2011, 07:12 PM
It will be fine in a ziplock or even a plastic grocery sack knotted off, I do this with paint rollers all the time. :xyxthumbs:

CEE DOG
07-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I haven't done it overnight but have done it during a detail.

DHCrocks
07-31-2011, 02:07 AM
don't leave it in there too long. I've seen pads grow mold in as little as a week. I don't think one day will do any damage though.

Mobile detail
07-31-2011, 06:08 PM
don't leave it in there too long. I've seen pads grow mold in as little as a week. I don't think one day will do any damage though.

:iagree:I did have this happen to me with a CCS white pad. It was in the zip lock bag for about a week. I just washed the pad real well and it cleaned up but none the less it can happen.