PDA

View Full Version : DA MF - Even a cavegirl can do it

Pages : [1] 2

Jenn1270
07-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I just got through with the DA MF system on half of my Pilot. It is hot and humid so I nearly died doing half. I used both the 300 and the 301 on their respective 5 in pads after a good ONR. I water washed, clayed and aquawaxed last week Was about the easiest thing I have done lately other than the humidity.

Here is one pic...more to come. Hopefully it won't be as humid tomorrow and I can finish the other side. No comments on the dirt on the tires. I did not ONR them because it has been raining and they are just going to get nasty again.

Jenn

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/More_from_phone_002.jpg

LegacyGT
07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Nice job Jenn ... but what in the bleeping bleep is that applicator pad doing on the ground. :poke:

Humidity is tough, I have not gotten in nearly the amount of work I would like to, it is just darn near impossible to keep hydrated.

Jenn1270
07-30-2011, 04:44 PM
I know I know....I knew someone was going to comment on that. It missed the garbage. I used it to seal my wheels last week and it got a little grungy.

Jenn

alko
07-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I just got through with the DA MF system on half of my Pilot. It is hot and humid so I nearly died doing half. I used both the 300 and the 301 on their respective 5 in pads after a good ONR. I water washed, clayed and aquawaxed last week Was about the easiest thing I have done lately other than the humidity.

Here is one pic...more to come. Hopefully it won't be as humid tomorrow and I can finish the other side. No comments on the dirt on the tires. I did not ONR them because it has been raining and they are just going to get nasty again.

Jenn

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/More_from_phone_002.jpg

Nice job Jenn!!! I was wondering how this was going to come out on some soft paint like OEM Honda. I would love to try this on my Acura.

Marc08EX
07-30-2011, 04:48 PM
The reflections look great Jen!! Can't wait to see pictures of the whole vehicle detailed.

I also did a 1 step polish with D151 last week and I could only do half of the vehicle because it was just sooo HOT.

2kredbb6
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Thats Half more of a car than what i have done, it's way to hot out there for me.
Excellent work!

Porsche Pilot
07-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Great work Jenn. The humidity is absolutely insane. I was polishing the Porsche today and it was stupid hot. I finally gave up and decided to clean the house...that's where all the cool air was.

C. Charles Hahn
07-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Great work Jenn. The humidity is absolutely insane. I was polishing the Porsche today and it was stupid hot. I finally gave up and decided to clean the house...that's where all the cool air was.

Have I mentioned how much I love the air conditioner in my garage? Im the MAN :buffing:

Been working on my personal truck for a change, managed to shoehorn it in.

Jenn1270
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Have I mentioned how much I love the air conditioner in my garage? Im the MAN :buffing:

Go ahead.....rub it in....

Jenn

LegacyGT
07-30-2011, 06:46 PM

Ha! I finally closed my garage door, and put a high volume fan in the door to the house to pump cool air into the garage so I could work. I was able to drop the temp 10 degrees and 9% less humidity this way.

Jenn1270
07-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Ha! I finally closed my garage door, and put a high volume fan in the door to the house to pump cool air into the garage so I could work. I was able to drop the temp 10 degrees and 9% less humidity this way.

I used to do that, but my husband gave away my good fan when we moved.

Jenn

LegacyGT
07-30-2011, 07:04 PM
I used to do that, but my husband gave away my good fan when we moved.

Jenn

Make him buy you one of these: Heaters, Fans, Air Circulators, Air Purifiers, Humidifiers, Personal Fans | Vornado.com (http://www.vornado.com/product.aspx?CategoryID=effa7ce6-56e0-4e79-bb5f-9abd0103ffae)

They are fantastic!

-----

Have you detailed his car and gotten back AG purchasing rights yet?
:hungry:

Jimmie
07-30-2011, 07:25 PM
You have skills. Your car looks great.

dwengier77
07-30-2011, 07:31 PM
not bad for a girl..:poke:
As to the humidity, i live with that all yeah over here so kinda of used to it. I just drink a lot of water followed by a sip of pickle juice.:xyxthumbs:

Buckskincolt
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Nice job Jenn,
Did you use one pad per product or did you need more? Trying to figure out if 2 pads per product is enough to do a complete car or will I need more?
Can't wait to see the final job all completed.