PDA

View Full Version : Does UC fit in my setup?

lee1dew
07-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Would Ultimate Compound complement my setup well?

I have and plan to use the following products in the following situations:

- Meg's MF cutting disk and D300 for compounding.
- Meg's MF finishing disk and D301 for polishing cars where the sealant/wax used is not important.
- Blue uber pad with Meg's Ultimate Polish for cars that need a good finish or I want to choose the sealant/wax used.
- Green or blue uber pad with Poliseal for one-steppers.
- Black uber pad for sealants and waxes.

Would UC with the green or blue pad be a good choice for moderate polishing (less cut than MF cut/D300 but more than MF finish/D301)?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-30-2011, 02:46 AM
Would Ultimate Compound complement my setup well?

I have and plan to use the following products in the following situations:

- Meg's MF cutting disk and D300 for compounding.
- Meg's MF finishing disk and D301 for polishing cars where the sealant/wax used is not important.
- Blue uber pad with Meg's Ultimate Polish for cars that need a good finish or I want to choose the sealant/wax used.
- Green or blue uber pad with Poliseal for one-steppers.
- Black uber pad for sealants and waxes.

Would UC with the green or blue pad be a good choice for moderate polishing (less cut than MF cut/D300 but more than MF finish/D301)?
Blue uber pad is meant to be used with a finishing polish(UP, M205, etc..)

If you're going to use poli-seal as a one stepper, do not use any finer pad than the uber green. You can even use uber orange with opti-seal for heavier corection. It's pointless to use a finishing pad(uber blue) for one steppers.

I would never use UC with a blue uber pad. You'd be using a compound with a finishing pad. If you want to use UC for moderate polishing, I'd use it with an uber orange or green.