PDA

View Full Version : Please help

hockeytown9
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Getting married in a month and need to detail our two SAAB vehicles. Here is whereI am at:

Vehicle #1: 2001 SAAB 9-5 Aero, black
Issues: Medium swirls, some spidering, hazing, water spots and just a few minor scratches.

Vehicle #2: 2005 SAAB 9-7x Linear, black
Issues: Light swirls, few med swirls, hazing, water spots and a few minor scratches.

I am trying to get that wet black shine look for the wedding since these will be in the wedding and photos, but since we are having a wedding we are broke. I have spent hours on this forum, and just when I think I know what I want to use, I find another product. I am freaking out man! lol So I am here to beg you pros to help me out. What products should I use?

Mainly looking for polish/wax/sealent/da pad/trim advice. I have some Meg Gold wash, tire cleaner, and cleaner wax already, but thats it.

FYI:I have the Griots 6" polisher as well.

Please help!

Thank you all in advance.

-Steve

tommythecat
07-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I haven't used mine yet but I was in the same boat as you wondering what to buy. Based on everything I read on this forum I went with the Megs Microfiber DA Kit. It seems like it will be the most user friendly for a beginner with pretty impressive results. I don't know your level of experience but I am betting a majority of the responses will be for this kit. :)

hockeytown9
07-29-2011, 06:09 PM
That is just a 1 step polish right?

tommythecat
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
That is just a 1 step polish right?
It can be. The finishing wax can be used as a one step/all in one.

mark58
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
It will give you same results as multi step. I also have a black car and Microfiber system done wonders. No more scratches or swirls.