PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's MF Cutting disc/MF Finishing Wax

ziggo99
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Very quick review as I'm on lunch but I had to share this. We were doing a 2005 Chevy Silverado, black, at work today and my boss said to do a SwirlX on a red Lake County pad and then wax it to bring it back. I thought about it and then I said "well what about a --" and he cut me off, smiled and said "It's your choice on this one." So I grabbed the G110V2, a 6" cutting disc and the Finishing wax. I snapped two quick pictures when he went into the office with my cell phone, so I apologize for the photo quality, but I know you can tell what changed.
Before
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/0728111213.jpg
As you can tell, it's a mess.
After a few passes, we have this after
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/0728111216.jpg
It's not really that hazy in person, it's the cell phone picture. So, he got a great AIO job that I don't think he was expecting going into this. I don't think I'll be around when he comes to get it, but when I pull it into the sun I'll get a better picture of it and post it here.

05xrunner
07-28-2011, 02:00 PM
well good thing you didnt use what he said..You woulda got really no results with a red pad.
Looks like it cleaned it up well

WRAPT C5Z06
07-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I tend to think the Finishing wax does very well on hard paint, but not so much on soft. I have D301, but haven't tried it. I just ordered Sonax Nano Paint cleaner/polish which is supposed to work GREAT as a finishing polish on soft paint.

05xrunner
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
yea my paint is super soft on my mustang..with the MF pad and MF finishing wax it left micro marring. I cleaned it up with 85RD
2weeks ago I bought some of the Sonax nanotech cleaner as I read its great for soft paint. I used it with a crimson hydrotech on my GG DA. it did very well on my paint and no issues of marring and made it look great. it spreads easy but it is kind of a pain to wipe off at times. normally its hard to remove around the edges of your working area. its like a oily smear it makes..but it comes right off once you start your next area and just bump that part with the pad.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
yea my paint is super soft on my mustang..with the MF pad and MF finishing wax it left micro marring. I cleaned it up with 85RD
2weeks ago I bought some of the Sonax nanotech cleaner as I read its great for soft paint. I used it with a crimson hydrotech on my GG DA. it did very well on my paint and no issues of marring and made it look great. it spreads easy but it is kind of a pain to wipe off at times. normally its hard to remove around the edges of your working area. its like a oily smear it makes..but it comes right off once you start your next area and just bump that part with the pad.
Thanks for the tips.

Do you prefer 85rd on your paint as far as finish?

ziggo99
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Snapped two quick pictures with the digital as I was leaving.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC04766.JPG
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC04767.JPG
This is an amazing combo I'm sure I'll use again and again. This is the second time using the Finishing Wax, and I love it. No dust, long work time, and the smell is amazing. Makes the whole garage smell amazing. I've heard that the Finishing Wax is like a 30 day wax, not very long lasting. I have no idea. Can someone chime in on that?

And like I said, this wasn't a full blown correction job. The owner had commented on how he loved what we did to black vehicles and how his needed some work. He was really paying for a complete interior and shampoo of the seats and carpets and a wax, so we went above and beyond for the exterior.

05xrunner
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the tips.

Do you prefer 85rd on your paint as far as finish?
they are about equal in finish..I did like about the Sonax it doesnt dust at all..85rd doesnt really dust much but it does a little here and there on me sometimes..so that is the advantage it has over it..id say they are probably tied..but I had to try it anyway cause I am a product junkie lol