PDA

View Full Version : Anything else I absolutely need?

Pages : [1] 2

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Placing an order and want to make sure I have all my bases covered...

Already have from previous orders:
Megs Gold Class Car Soap
Grit Guards
Clay
Clay Lube
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Daytona Speed Master Brush
Pinnacle Bug Sponge
Megs MF DA System
Wolfgang DGPS
Wolgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
Foam Tire Gel Applicators
Misc. Microfiber Towels

Ordering Today:
GG DA
Griots Pre Wax Cleanser
Crimson Hydro Tech Pads

Anything else I will really need?

parboy
07-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Some sort of interior cleaner/protectant. And if it were me, I'd add a jar of carnauba, like pinnacle ss II or max wax, to layer over the WG DGPS.

S2K
07-28-2011, 07:48 AM
What size HT pads are you getting? I assume you are getting them to apply LSP.

bottlefed02
07-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Some Meguiars APC+ or Optimum Power Clean would be good to add. Trim protectant and glass cleaner too.

Sent from my Samsung Epic

cutter
07-28-2011, 08:33 AM

A large bank account, cause once you start it's hard to stop!!!:dblthumb2:

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Some sort of interior cleaner/protectant. And if it were me, I'd add a jar of carnauba, like pinnacle ss II or max wax, to layer over the WG DGPS.

I do need some interior protectant so thanks for that one. :xyxthumbs:

Some Meguiars APC+ or Optimum Power Clean would be good to add. Trim protectant and glass cleaner too.

Sent from my Samsung Epic

Just got home and see that I forgot a couple of things that I have. I have the Detailer's Pro Krystal Vision glass kit and Megs APC+. I also have Surf City Glass Cleaner.

What size HT pads are you getting? I assume you are getting them to apply LSP.

5.5 inch low profiles. Yes, I am getting them for LSP. Mainly because I haven't decided yet if I am going to go with the Finishing Wax in the Megs MF Kit.

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 09:01 AM
A large bank account, cause once you start it's hard to stop!!!:dblthumb2:

A large bank account would definitely help feed the addiction!

S2K
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
I posted a question recently about favorite pad for applying LSP and the consensus was pretty much 4" HT Crimson pads, so you might want to consider that over the 5.5". I'm getting ready to buy them myself.

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 09:09 AM
I posted a question recently about favorite pad for applying LSP and the consensus was pretty much 4" HT Crimson pads, so you might want to consider that over the 5.5". I'm getting ready to buy them myself.

I will have to think about that. Any particular reason for the 4" over the 5.5"?

S2K
07-28-2011, 09:14 AM
The reasons I got were they will fit in smaller tighter places and they soak up less product so less waste, which seem like good reasons to me.

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 09:16 AM
The reasons I got were they will fit in smaller tighter places and they soak up less product so less waste, which seem like good reasons to me.

Makes sense...I think I will have to switch. :)

embolism
07-28-2011, 09:17 AM
can you use a 4 inch pad with a 5 inch backing plate or would you need to get a smaller bp too??

tommythecat
07-28-2011, 09:25 AM
can you use a 4 inch pad with a 5 inch backing plate or would you need to get a smaller bp too??
I am sure a smaller BP.

S2K
07-28-2011, 09:44 AM
This would be a good choice:
3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate- porter cable 7424XP hook and loop backing plate 3.5 inch. (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-43085da.html)

DLB
07-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Placing an order and want to make sure I have all my bases covered...

Already have from previous orders:
Megs Gold Class Car Soap
Grit Guards
Clay
Clay Lube
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Daytona Speed Master Brush
Pinnacle Bug Sponge
Megs MF DA System
Wolfgang DGPS
Wolgang Black Diamond Tire Gel
Foam Tire Gel Applicators
Misc. Microfiber Towels

Ordering Today:
GG DA
Griots Pre Wax Cleanser
Crimson Hydro Tech Pads

As some have already mentioned - Meguiar's APC+ or Optimum Power Clean.
Also, if you don't have any good brushes - I love the Mother's 2 Brush set AG sells.
Same goes for a good wash medium - I use the LC Big Blue Cube mostly.
Plenty of terry towels for interior work - no sense in wasting high dollar MF towels to get dirty and gunked up - also the terry towels will likely work better in certain instances.

can you use a 4 inch pad with a 5 inch backing plate or would you need to get a smaller bp too??You CAN use a 5 inch backing plate; but you are going to have a 1/2" of backing plate sticking out over your pad. That's almost like intentionally harming any spot you get close to. (You need a smaller B/P).

DLB