PDA

View Full Version : Man this SUCKS.....

wytstang
01-28-2007, 04:02 PM
And blows.......I've been needing a good wet/dry vac for a while and well since my wife left earlier for a 10 day mission (I'm single for 10 days :D j/k) I needed something to do. I told her I'd be getting a wet/dry vac for the cars and house she said great. Our Town home is 95% carpet sooner or later we are going to drop wine or food. So I did some reading on vacs and homedpot had a great price and power and gallon size on there RIDGET WD1245 12 gallon 5 hp peak wet/dry vac. I picked it up for $74 +/- out the door, man I put it together and rolled it out to the mustang. I hooked it up to the blow out port by accident and man it had some blowing power (literally blew my hand back). Moved it over to the suck port and went to work it made very short work of my carpet soil (lol I said soil :D sorry:(;)). Any who if you have space I would highly recommend this vac, it is large and if space is an issue look else were but man it can clean up carpets and blow out crevices after washing your car an added bonus which I didn't know it did until I used the wrong port. Here it is
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/181770_3.jpg

abrcrombe
01-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Nice! I have the smaller 4 Gallon 5 HP one and am very happy with it. Life time warranty also!! If you can afford it, get the pro hose (I think 20 or 30 bucks), it is awesome!

justin_murphy
01-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I have the 4050. Smaller capacity but same motor. Amazing machine for the money! I bought another hose just for blowing.

abrcrombe is right about the pro hose.

FloridaNative
01-28-2007, 04:23 PM
hehehehehehe When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be bad news. hehehehe Very witty. :)

wytstang
01-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I though about getting the smaller one but figured for the same price why not get 8 more gallons. Beside we were talking and she had pretty much made up her mind on reinlisting and there is a very good chance our next base will be in Washington so plenty of rain is in our future :(.

AL417
01-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Nice thread title. We were just looking Ridgid's yesterday. I think I'm going to get this one soon. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD4550-Pro-Pack/index.htm

Kelso
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
we had a situation at work where our water system didnt work properly, the pump was turned off and the drains started rising.....eventually the tint shop that rents the building from my boss got a lot of water on his carpets! i was the one picked to do the cleanup and i used that same ridgid vac, sucked up a good 10 gallons or so! it was rediculous how much water it sucked up.

dengood1
01-28-2007, 05:55 PM
I bought a 5 hp Shop Vac (refurb) from Big Lots about 10 years ago......it will still would suck a golf ball through a 20 ft. garden hose:righton: Almost too much power!!! lol I like the Rigid vacs though....they look like quality units.

wytstang
01-28-2007, 05:58 PM
I am very happy with this vac very strong suction that didn't lose suction while in use. It stayed strong and i can't wait to use it again or just spill water on my carpet just to use it lol.

Gary Sword
01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I am very happy with this vac very strong suction that didn't lose suction while in use. It stayed strong and i can't wait to use it again or just spill water on my carpet just to use it lol.

Nice Vac wytstang, With the 8 gallons more capacity you can spill more stuff.

Nuke33
01-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Great write up