PDA

View Full Version : Topping BFWD with MS do I need to wait?

05xrunner
07-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I just got my order in from Autopia with my BFWD and the Midnight sun wax. I just did the car with the Wet Diamond. Do I need to wait before putting the midnight sun ontop? I didnt see anything listed.
Ohhh and my free blackfire gift was a 32oz bottle of the Gloss shampoo

rider9195
07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes I would wait at least 12 hours minimum. Then put on the Midnight Sun. No need to let the MS to haze though, WOWO. Let us know how it goes!:xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
07-27-2011, 06:44 PM
:iagree: 12 hours seems to be the golden standard and letting it sit over night makes the time pass rather quickly...

ScottB
07-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Its always best to allow any sealant time to cure to paint properly before topping with any wax. Your environment (hot, cold, humid, dry) will determine the time needed. Most will suggest 12-24 hours.

05xrunner
07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
thats what i figured..ok with me cause it was hot in my garage anyway..LOL
Stuff removes like Fuzion..mine had very very minimal of dusting from it..nothing a quick pass with my wool duster couldnt take care of.

john b
07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I just got my order in from Autopia with my BFWD and the Midnight sun wax. I just did the car with the Wet Diamond. Do I need to wait before putting the midnight sun ontop? I didnt see anything listed.
Ohhh and my free blackfire gift was a 32oz bottle of the Gloss shampoo

let us know how you liked the shampoo

panthercz
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
I've applied Midnight Sun over BFWD after just about an hour and also after 12 hours, no difference as far as I could tell in feel or looks. Here is a quote (copy and pasted) from Todd "th0001", the moderator of TID about Blackfire Wet Diamond:

"To be honest, you could probably apply another product over BFWD an hour or two after application. Since we injected BFWD with Polycharger (a catalyst that dramatically decreases the curing time) it is ready to go almost instantly. The problem is that the directions/instructions have to be written so that everybody gets consistent results.

Applying BFWD in extreme humidity, extreme cool tempatures, or massive overapplication (putting it on super thick) will all contribute to longer than normal cure times. Doing all three together (globbing it on a cold, humid day) could require 8-12 hours before it is fully cured."

BTW, the Blackfire shampoo is my favorite car wash out of the dozen+ I've tried yet. After trying a 16oz bottle I bought a gallon.

nothelle
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Do it at night, leave it to sleep and put MS in the morning, that's my routine with BF combo

James K
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I've applied Midnight Sun over BFWD after just about an hour and also after 12 hours, no difference as far as I could tell in feel or looks. Here is a quote (copy and pasted) from Todd "th0001", the moderator of TID about Blackfire Wet Diamond:

"To be honest, you could probably apply another product over BFWD an hour or two after application. Since we injected BFWD with Polycharger (a catalyst that dramatically decreases the curing time) it is ready to go almost instantly. The problem is that the directions/instructions have to be written so that everybody gets consistent results.

Applying BFWD in extreme humidity, extreme cool tempatures, or massive overapplication (putting it on super thick) will all contribute to longer than normal cure times. Doing all three together (globbing it on a cold, humid day) could require 8-12 hours before it is fully cured."

BTW, the Blackfire shampoo is my favorite car wash out of the dozen+ I've tried yet. After trying a 16oz bottle I bought a gallon.

This is what I do. I give it an hour or two. The polycharger helps a lot.