PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna 203 power finish oils

Mobile detail
07-26-2011, 03:51 AM
I used 203 for the 1st time today after Bobby G's rec. (He was/is extremely helpful and patient and I thank him again for his help). I was very impressed with the ease of use of this product and its results. I was using a purple foam wool on the flex PE-14-150 (my favorite rotory by far!). The only problem that I had with it was the removing of the "carrier" oils. I found them to spread around and a pain to remove. Any tips or tricks on removing the residue? I felt like I was just spreading them around. I'm not a fan of the IPA wipe down. I use another product (not sold by AG) to remove but that didn't work well. Would the Groits Garage paint prep on BOGO work well for this?Feed back pleaseTHANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!

Flannigan
07-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Are you sure that the polish was totally broken down? PF can be next to impossible to remove if it isn't properly broken down. If worked well I have never really had a problem removing it. That being said I have used UWW+ and Opticlean to remove other sticky/oily polishes with great success.

poweraid
07-26-2011, 07:46 AM
same here , used power finish po203 for first time. credit to Bobby G also. used with orange pad on flex 3401. possible I used a white pad I don't remember . used on my 04 f150 for it's first ever polish. had no trouble with this product at all. this did everything I needed it to do , light scratches and swirls gone and it left paint darn well good enough you don't have to use a final polish.

Dr Oldz
07-26-2011, 09:57 AM
I never had a problem with it. Perhaps you didn't shake it good enough or used too much. The Griots pre wax cleaner is my fav as I do Not use IPA!

RaskyR1
07-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Are you sure that the polish was totally broken down? PF can be next to impossible to remove if it isn't properly broken down. If worked well I have never really had a problem removing it. That being said I have used UWW+ and Opticlean to remove other sticky/oily polishes with great success.

I found that to be the case with most of the Menzerna line. ;)

Flannigan
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I found that to be the case with most of the Menzerna line. ;)
Agreed!! :xyxthumbs:

Mobile detail
07-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I shall try to break it down some more and see if that improves the residue. Thanks for the input everyone. Im going to get that paint prep on BOGO for fun and give it a whirl. How can anyone say no to BOGO

porta
07-29-2011, 07:01 AM
Give it a wash with a alkalie degreaser or a strong mixture of shampo and some dawn - it will take care of the carriers.