PDA

View Full Version : Trickle Charger

Benzmeister
03-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Hello, My handle is Benzmeister and my name is Allan. I am new to this board. but I am on several Mercedes Benz boards.

Can anyone advise where I can get a trickle car battery charge, one that is automatic, that is shuts itself off when the battery is charged, at a reasonable price. Perhaps some brand names also?

I own two Mercedes's cars a 99 C280 DTM and a 79 450SLC, which is is near mint condition, although it has 145K miles on it. I need the charger for the 99 as I seldom drive it, not by choice, I am partially hanicapped from a back operation. My son drive the 450SLC enough to keep the battery charged and it has a Die Hard, which I am find is superior to the Mercedes's battery. As the C280 is on it's 3rd battery in 4 years.

Thanks, looking forward to this forum as I am car nut and a detail nut. Last August my car was chosen by the member of the www. mercedesforum.com as the Auguust car of the month. If anyone is interested they can dook a search of the car's of the month and mine should be there.

lolac5
03-04-2006, 06:05 PM
i own a battery tender plus that i bought from auto geek it works great!

4get gto
03-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I have 5 or 6 of these chargers and they do work great.
I have one hanging on a generator for over 6 years now and the battery still seems to be in good shape (still starts it). I do however check the water level in the battery about once a year as it does vent alittle water away...I also keep one on each car and each lawnmower thats not run over the winter and it keeps your starting problems to a minimum.

They do sell them right here at autogeek or check at any auto supply or most hardware stores. Just make sure you get a battery "maintainer or tender " or ones that are fully automatic and will shut off when fully charged. Some battery chargers won't do this.

Jason
03-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Allan,

Here is a link to the Battery tender plus

http://www.autogeek.net/btplus.html

dashotgun
03-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I just bought a ctek www.ctek.com