PDA

View Full Version : Maybe trading isn't a good idea

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bigaizsosexy
07-25-2011, 08:02 PM
So a few weeks ago I decided to trade my brinkman maxfire swirl finder for some products. I shipped the maxfire right away, as the trader promised to ship the products as well. A week went by, and no package arrived. I received a pm saying he was sick with the flu and he couldn't mail the package, but assured me his wife would. Another week and a half and still no package, or word from the gentlemen. Seems I have gotten scammed.

alko
07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Thats so jacked up man. I'm assuming that its a person on this forum?

Dr Oldz
07-25-2011, 08:07 PM
C..told you that I wanted that light......Jk

Hopefully things will work out for you and you will get the products that you have coming to you!

2kredbb6
07-25-2011, 08:12 PM
That Sux, I was looking to trade items, got a few PM's but people backed out at the last second or havent responded when it actually came down to agreeing on the trade, for which that reason I didnt place an order with the sales going on because I was hoping to trade instead of purchasing.
Hope it works out for you..

cmichael258
07-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear that you haven't received your trade item. I purchased a video card on ebay and kept getting excuses as to why I hadn't received it. The guy was a new seller and turns out that he kept screwing up the shipping address, package weight, etc. Bottom line...it finally arrived. I hope the same happens for you.

Perhaps we could have a "Trusted Forum Members" in the Water Cooler section and have members list thoose who have shown to be trustworthy. We could bump every time a new trusted member is listed.

Rsurfer
07-25-2011, 08:18 PM
So a few weeks ago I decided to trade my brinkman maxfire swirl finder for some products. I shipped the maxfire right away, as the trader promised to ship the products as well. A week went by, and no package arrived. I received a pm saying he was sick with the flu and he couldn't mail the package, but assured me his wife would. Another week and a half and still no package, or word from the gentlemen. Seems I have gotten scammed.

Pm him and tell him that if you don't receive your products as promised in the next 10 days, you will post his username on the forum that you both belong too. Just hate people who don't keep their word.

loudog2
07-25-2011, 08:19 PM
We have a "do not trade with" section I think. You can post his screen name.

Rsurfer
07-25-2011, 08:23 PM

I would post it on the forum where all can see. Sorry Lou, that's how I feel it should be handled. The guy is a jerk and deserves it.

bottlefed02
07-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Sorry man that sucks

Rei86
07-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Most forums that all a for trade/for sale section usually have a very strict policy/a forum area where you can post their name and give your side of the story etc etc.

I think AG has that forum area so I would go over their and post up the screen name AND real name of this person.

Also think AG should ban this person as well if this issue isn't resolved soon, already been almost a month from what the OP has said.

loudog2
07-25-2011, 08:45 PM
I would post it on the forum where all can see. Sorry Lou, that's how I feel it should be handled. The guy is a jerk and deserves it.
That's what I was saying. Put it in that section for future reference and tell us his screen name now.

S2K
07-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Where is this section at? I have never seen it.

yakky
07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Good idea would be to "sell" the products to each other on paypal for the same amount.

bigaizsosexy
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I agree with all of you, and I will post his name if it has to happen. Also, he is a member on this forum, and I hope he makes right about this!! I have PMed him this link and hope he abides by the original deal because I have been out of the state for 10 days, and it has been a month since I mailed out the light!! (somewhere around that) I have traded and gifted people things on this forum with no issues, this happens to be my first.

DR OLDZ,

That was the first thing that came to mind, and I am glad you shine a little light down on the subject matter.

vinyldoctor
07-25-2011, 08:53 PM

well also people do get sick and/or busy.
and once they get what they want, you move to the bottom of the todo list.