PDA

View Full Version : collinite vs wolfgang paint sealant

dchristo
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
I just washed, clayed, ultimate compounded and ultimate polished my truck..tomorrow I will put a LSP but not sure what to use....wolfgang Paint sealant or collinite 845 or wolfgang then collinite

also, do I need wash or paint prep before applying LSP

thanks in advance

PS its the truck in my sig pic

Dr Oldz
07-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Honestly, I like both. So you dont have a wrong choice IMO. Perhaps try 845 on the roof and hood and the WG DGPS on the rest or something similar to that and then test durability, looks, water beading, ect..... to make it fun!

S2K
07-25-2011, 07:05 PM
That's a great idea Jim! Or do the right half with 845 and the left half with WGDGPS. They are both really good products and both real easy to use, just remember "Thin is in".

Dr Oldz
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
That's a great idea Jim! Or do the right half with 845 and the left half with WGDGPS. They are both really good products and both real easy to use, just remember "Thin is in".

The half and half would be really cool! :props:

yakky
07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
The half and half would be really cool! :props:

I love doing a car half and half. Its the only way to get a good visual comparing a particular LSP. Single panels just seem too small for me to be able to note differences.

stoddwilson
07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
That would be good to see. I have had collinite 845 for several months and was waiting to use it on my sons 11 Black Corolla S before he takes it off to college. The week, I detailed I F-150 that is from (and returning to) the wind farms of West Texas. Thought it would be a perfect application for 845 and it worked great.

Todd Wilson
Wilson's Precision Detailing
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothelle
07-25-2011, 09:33 PM
In summer weather like this, i prefer WG over collinte, when weather goes south collinite has better protection IMO

Dr Oldz
07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
In summer weather like this, i prefer WG over collinte, when weather goes south collinite has better protection IMO

Not to bust your bubble but the WG DGPS should go on first then the 845. Sealant then wax is the rule. A sealant needs a clean, pure paint surface to adhere to. Chances are that when you put the WG on top of the 845 that it isn't sticking(properly bonding to the paint) and you are only getting the properties of the 845.

nothelle
07-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Sorry, i meant i prefer applying WG instead of Collinite.. not to top off collinite over WG

Dr Oldz
07-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Sorry, i meant i prefer applying WG instead of Collinite.. not to top off collinite over WG

I got ya! hahaha !! :props:

Alex Boyce
07-26-2011, 12:39 AM
If you have the time, do both. Out of the two I much prefer wolfgang, so much slicker and looks a TON better.

Collinite will protect like crazy.

And a pre-wax/lsp cleaner will only make a better "bond" and easier application.

Have fun!