PDA

View Full Version : Questions!

mingraygt
01-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Which is the best carpet cleaner and wheel wax to get??
Thanks Ryan

Gary Sword
01-28-2007, 06:58 AM
DP Wheel Glaze does a nice job. I really have not found a really great carpet cleaner I would recomend.

TOGWT
01-28-2007, 08:18 AM
I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner, 85% of the soil in carpet/upholstery is dry and 15% consists of oil/grease, therefore different procedures are necessary to remove the different types of soil. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

Classifying stains:
a) Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner. Some organic stains (i.e. blood, vomit, urine) should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner and a disinfectant applied to the area
b) Non-Organic stains- mostly found on the exterior of the vehicle, hard water scale (calcium) lime deposits, Road tar, grease and oil film, and require an acidic type cleaner.
c) Petroleum soils - substances that do not contain water, nor are they miscible, these soil types include, motor oils, and grease and road tar, and require a solvent type cleaner.

Stain Types-
1. Water soluble stains- These stains can be dissolved in cool water or loosened with water based cleaner, coffee; soft drinks, cocoa and chocolate are good examples.
2. Oil soluble stains- These are stains that are comprised of oily or greasy substances, which include cooking, oil from fried foods and suntan oil.
3. Combination stains- These stains contain both water based and oil-soluble properties. Cleaning these stains require treatment with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaning solution.
4. Unidentifiable stains- Sometimes stains cannot be identified. Treat these stains like a combination stain. Clean with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaner.

Between these four cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home –
(a) 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
(b) P21S Total Auto Wash (a citrus-based all purpose cleaner (APC)
(c) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
(d) Folex Instant Carpet Spot Renover

dengood1
01-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner, 85% of the soil in carpet/upholstery is dry and 15% consists of oil/grease, therefore different procedures are necessary to remove the different types of soil. There is no one-product answer, as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

Classifying stains:
a) Organic stains- these include proteins and fats, body oils, mould yeast, bacteria, bugs and carbohydrates. Most of the stains found in the vehicle interior are of an organic nature and require an alkaline type cleaner. Some organic stains (i.e. blood, vomit, urine) should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner and a disinfectant applied to the area
b) Non-Organic stains- mostly found on the exterior of the vehicle, hard water scale (calcium) lime deposits, Road tar, grease and oil film, and require an acidic type cleaner.
c) Petroleum soils - substances that do not contain water, nor are they miscible, these soil types include, motor oils, and grease and road tar, and require a solvent type cleaner.

Stain Types-
1. Water soluble stains-These stains can be dissolved in cool water or loosened with water based cleaner, coffee; soft drinks, cocoa and chocolate are good examples.
2. Oil soluble stains- These are stains that are comprised of oily or greasy substances, which include cooking, oil from fried foods and suntan oil.
3. Combination stains-These stains contain both water based and oil-soluble properties. Cleaning these stains require treatment with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaning solution.
4. Unidentifiable stains- Sometimes stains cannot be identified. Treat these stains like a combination stain. Clean with a petroleum solvent followed by water based cleaner.

Between these four cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home –
(a) 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover
(b) P21S Total Auto Wash (a citrus-based all purpose cleaner (APC)
(c) Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent
(d) Folex Instant Carpet Spot Renover

TOGWT, you're answers are always thorough..... Nice job.:cheers:

I would also recommend Woolite and water 5:1 diluted or 10:1 diluted. Woolite is a great safe/mild carpet cleaner, smells good(mild), plus it has optical brighteners. Plus, you can use it on a number of things. I've seen that the DP Interior Cleaner is great too, and now has a light banana scent.

Poorboys and DP are the best sealants for wheels.

ScottB
01-28-2007, 09:34 AM
DP makes a great product for both requests, I would use the carpet cleaner in a well ventilated area however. I find Woolite to lack the power to clean most carpets, but works very well on headliners.

dengood1
01-28-2007, 09:48 AM
DP makes a great product for both requests, I would use the carpet cleaner in a well ventilated area however. I find Woolite to lack the power to clean most carpets, but works very well on headliners.

Scott, did they change the scent of the DP Total Interior Cleaner? The stuff I have has a strong chemical scent as we've discussed before, but as of late people are stating it has a banana scent. Hope they changed it.

Kelso
01-28-2007, 09:52 AM
yea i think they changed it indeed, which is a good thing .....the stuff works so great though, im definatly getting more of it, ive used quite a bit already

Nuke33
01-28-2007, 12:43 PM
I think hitting the carpets with a preasure washer before you do anything helps a lot too

wytstang
01-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Mingray I have some Poorboys World wheel sealant I'm willing to parts with if your intrested (about 92%left). I have white saleens and prefer to use PB EX sealant since it makes the white pop more then the wheel sealnt did.

mingraygt
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I will probably go with the DP brand on both of them. Thanks for the replies!!
Ryan

supercharged
01-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I will probably go with the DP brand on both of them. Thanks for the replies!!
Ryan
DP wheel glaze, or Poorboy's wheel sealant for wheels.
DP carpet and upholstery cleaner works very well. My other choice for carpet cleaning would be Meguiar's APC+ (orange).