PDA

View Full Version : Florida bugs in interior ?

Pontiacfan
07-25-2011, 11:01 AM
I live in Indiana , and bought a truck from South Florida. Its a great truck , low miles , perfect shape. Problem is , there seems to be a lot of small spider like fast bugs living in it. I have smashed at least 10 and thats just when I see them run around on something. What could these be ? I dont want them biting my family while we drive down the road..

CEE DOG
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Post a picture of one and we will ID this culprit! Could be a mommy spider just gave birth.

ScottB
07-25-2011, 11:34 AM
sounds like a real good interior cleaning and vacuuming may help initially, and perhaps a bug bomb if your infested.

JRivers
07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah, bomb bug is probably the fastest approach...then a really good cleaning cause that thing gets everywhere!

Plan b Detail
07-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I think if you do a full interior detail including full vacuum, clean all carpets with extractor, and recondition leather, you should be able to get rid of this problem. Worst case you have to remove the seats to get all the way under if the problem continues. Just my two cents. Hope you can fix this problem

Flash Gordon
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't use a bomb. I would be afraid that poison stuff would get all up min my vents. It could also possibly stain your leather

I would steam the interior, then clean it up real good

Pontiacfan
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Alright guys. Thanks. I will do the interior detail , it is clean , but I will redo it for the bug problem. I wish I had the steamer/extractor but I dont. And the seats are cloth. Thanks again guys..

Sizzle Chest
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Probably sugar ants. We call them crazy ants cause they run around like fast little idiots on meth...lol.

Some ant killer for them should work: I use this: Terro ant killer. Sticky liquid so be careful where you put it. Center console should work...they WILL find it.

Good luck.

vinyldoctor
07-25-2011, 05:58 PM
yum, my cat loves hot steamed spider.

Pontiacfan
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Probably sugar ants. We call them crazy ants cause they run around like fast little idiots on meth...lol.

Some ant killer for them should work: I use this: Terro ant killer. Sticky liquid so be careful where you put it. Center console should work...they WILL find it.

Good luck.

Id say thats what they are then ! Thank you , I will put some ant killer out.