PDA

View Full Version : Can I clean Meguiars DA Microfiber Cutting Disc with ...?

DerWanderer
07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry if this will sound like a stupid question, but since I don't have compressed air, can I use something like this:

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/ProductLarge/541024LL.jpg

If not, can I use this brush? And how can it be used? Just turn on the PC at speed 1 and hold the brush on the pad?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2168_51158323

Thanks!

Belair
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Using cans of air can get expensive. Use the brush & gently move it across the pad while it rotates; the idea is to fluff up the fibers.

HeavyMetal
07-25-2011, 01:08 PM
The brush will work if you don't have an air compressor. Others have reportedly used a bug sponge with great results. I haven't seen anyone mention radioactive napalm or a chain saw, so you can probably cross those off your list.

silverfox
07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
The best thing I've used is a $5 dish washing scrub brush from Walmart. What's important is the bristles need to be firm, but not too firm to damage the MF. I personally think the brush that you have pictured is way over priced for a glorified tooth brush. Bug sponges will work, but I find that lifting the fibers up gives the best results....whether that be accomplished by using air or a brush.

C. Charles Hahn
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
I use a denture cleaning brush.

qaz393
07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
use a mircrofiber cloth and place the da + cloth onto your hands to clean out the excess....

BillE
07-27-2011, 07:17 AM
I personally think the brush that you have pictured is way over priced for a glorified tooth brush.

Thank you for say that.

I've also thought that after seeing one 'in person,' was thinking it was just me...

Bill

DerWanderer
07-29-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks everyone for your help. Will work on it this weekend and see how it goes. I already have the expensive brush (bought long time ago when I was just beginning to get into the detailing hobby), so I guess I will just use it.