PDA

View Full Version : Wax remover

alko
07-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Has anyone tried Griot's Garage Dried-On Wax remover? I have a few wax stains on smooth rubber trim that I'm trying to get rid of. Anyone have success with any other product to remove dried on wax stains?

maximus20895
07-25-2011, 10:06 AM
I heard it wasn't that great. Try peanut butter or if you don't like that try M105.

embolism
07-25-2011, 10:12 AM
lots of threads on this... magic eraser, IPA, apc...

smooth rubber is easier than dimpled/textured...

alko
07-25-2011, 10:22 AM
lots of threads on this... magic eraser, IPA, apc...

smooth rubber is easier than dimpled/textured...

Yeah I've read about the magic eraser and IPA, but nothing on Griot's Garage. I tried a school eraser (as mentioned in another thread). Worked ok, but I want to try something else. I'm alittle nervous about the IPA.

HeavyMetal
07-25-2011, 10:41 AM
I've had great success with clay and some QD. I also tried WD40 (from another post) the other day and it worked quite well.

alko
07-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I've had great success with clay and some QD. I also tried WD40 (from another post) the other day and it worked quite well.

ahhhhh yes!!! WD40! I forgot about that one...it can do anything LOL! Claying was my next option. I just placed an order with Nick and got the Duragloss Wax Eraser.

truckbutt
08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
You can also use Goo Gone for removal from rubber trim.

ohmy34
08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
i bought both the groits wax remover and the duragloss wax remover. used a tooth brush and scrubbed the spots with the groits, it did nothing to remove the spots. did the same with the duragloss and the pots disappeared and have not come back. had some spots on rubber and on textured plastic. Thumbs up on duragloss, thumbs down on groits. jonathan

Gunslinger
08-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I have Griot's previous dried wax remover...it's been replaced by a different version. I don't need it often but it seems to work fine. I've only needed to use it on plastic trim. No complaints but my use has been limited.

opie_7afe
08-29-2011, 08:45 PM
could try to get some 98% pure d-limonine(basically pure orange oil) and see how that works, might be usefull to have anyways for tar removal. i still need to get some d-limonine to see if it works like tar-x i have a feeling that's what tar-x is made with(helps i have seen it used before on tar and its like magic)...

Italian Iron
09-28-2011, 05:10 PM
I've used mouthwash...Has alcohol, just a lot less and you can let it sit without worry...And it smells great...It will be sticky though...

The orange oil or banana oil works great too..
The banana oil is amazing on many things...Interior as well...