PDA

View Full Version : Megs MF pads with GG6 vs PCXP

J504
07-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I just tried the 5 inch cutting pads for the first time on test panel with the d300/cutting pads and the GG6. The panel was heavily marred and 1 application of the d300 removed the swirls with so much ease. 1 thing i noticed is that while using the GG6, it seemed to be "grabby" as in it was difficult to keep the pad moving in the straight line. I then tried the D301 with the finishing pad and it was very easy to control.

I didnt think anything of the difficulty of controlling the cutting pads until I tried it on my PCXP. Immediately I could feel that that I wasnt fighting to keep it straight as much as I was with the GG6. I didnt have time to test it on another car today but I will try again soon as I am selling the pcxp.

Anyone else with both machines experienced this?

RaskyR1
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
A few quick questions....

What speed was each machine on?

Was the pad still rotating on each machine?

Was the panel flat or curved?

Did you use both machines on the same panel?

The movement should really be the same with both machines, but the GG6 has a lot more torque which should allow it to have faster rotation than the PCXP with all variables being the same.

J504
07-25-2011, 03:22 PM
speed was 3.5 - 4.0 on the gg6
speed was 4.0 - 5.0 on the PC but was still smoother on both speeds.

Yes, made sure pad was rotating at all times

Panel is pretty flat. It was a trunk of a S2000

Both machines used on same panel.

RaskyR1
07-25-2011, 03:44 PM
speed was 3.5 - 4.0 on the gg6
speed was 4.0 - 5.0 on the PC but was still smoother on both speeds.

Yes, made sure pad was rotating at all times

Panel is pretty flat. It was a trunk of a S2000

Both machines used on same panel.

Only thing I can think of is that its the faster rotation of the GG6. Make sure the pad is primed and you're keeping it level. Have you been using a DA long?

J504
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
I used the same pad on both machines. I was just curious to see if the power difference between the 2 machines. It was still easy to stop the GG6 if the pad was not level. Its not as powerful as I thought it would be after hearing the reviews on it. I've had the PCXP for a while but have not used it much. I picked up the GG6 because of the amazon deal recently and my friend offered to buy the PC. I hope this isnt a quality control issue that Mark (07 z-oh-6) brought up recently.

I'm still getting the same results with both machines which I am fine with, just wondering if it is normal if the GG6 is doing this.

RaskyR1
07-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I used the same pad on both machines. I was just curious to see if the power difference between the 2 machines. It was still easy to stop the GG6 if the pad was not level. Its not as powerful as I thought it would be after hearing the reviews on it. I've had the PCXP for a while but have not used it much. I picked up the GG6 because of the amazon deal recently and my friend offered to buy the PC. I hope this isnt a quality control issue that Mark (07 z-oh-6) brought up recently.

I'm still getting the same results with both machines which I am fine with, just wondering if it is normal if the GG6 is doing this.

I'm sure it's normal and with more use you will be able to control it very easily.

With the MF cutting pads flat/level on both machines, and the same speed setting, it should be a LOT easier to stop the rotation in the PCXP. If you put the GG6 on speed 5 it should be very hard to stop it with downward force (when the pad is level).

One of these days I plan to shoot some video showing the above....maybe I'll wait until I get the G110v2 though.

J504
07-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

A video comparing the GG6 and G110v2 with MF pads will be an awesome video :buffing: