PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun

jfsully
01-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Just purchased foam gun. I am curious if there are any additional secrets to getting huge amounts of foam.

Also the sample bottle of DP, is that a 2 ounce bottle for measurement.

I used the PB with wax the first time and it foamed great...the DP did not foam as much?

Strokin04
01-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you like the PB ssw because I just got some and having got to use it yet? On my next order I will be getting the foam gun and I am glad to hear that the soap I have does foam up good. Mike...

FloridaNative
01-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Just purchased foam gun. I am curious if there are any additional secrets to getting huge amounts of foam.

Also the sample bottle of DP, is that a 2 ounce bottle for measurement.

I used the PB with wax the first time and it foamed great...the DP did not foam as much?

Yes the sample is 2 ounces. How much water did you add to the sample and at what setting did you place the foam gun? It also helps if you shake it up a little bit to mix the soap and the water, this will ensure more foam as well. The DP soap should give you lots and lots of foam.

jfsully
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
used about 6 ounces water and middle setting on gun. I did shake also?

(And why the Golden Earring song?)

FloridaNative
01-27-2007, 11:40 PM
used about 6 ounces water and middle setting on gun. I did shake also?

(And why the Golden Earring song?)

Ah okay. Yeah you should have it on the last setting on the gun for the best foam.

As for Radar Love, I just like the song. That's reason enough for me. :p

ScottB
01-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Poorboys Suds, DP Xtreme Foam, and Duragloss will all have you in foam delight rather quickly.

Reddwarf
01-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I used a sharpie to draw a line on my foam gun container to show 1 oz, 2 oz, ec. so I can know how much to fill it. I usually put in 2 oz of soap and 3 oz of water, then shake it up well. I put the flow on the second to the last setting and it works well.

If anyone has a better ratio, please chime in!

I have used the DP foam soap and Meg's GC. Both produce lots of foam.

Stittville Ed
01-28-2007, 10:14 AM
So I'm thinking about getting a foam gun. :)

Do you use it all the time or just when the car is very dirty :confused:
We have a lot of snow/dirt/mud/road salt so by the time it is warm enough to wash the cars are very dirty.

Reddwarf
01-28-2007, 10:18 AM
So I'm thinking about getting a foam gun. :)

Do you use it all the time or just when the car is very dirty :confused:
We have a lot of snow/dirt/mud/road salt so by the time it is warm enough to wash the cars are very dirty.

I use mine every wash, except when it's cold and then I use the DP 4 in 1 rinseless wash and the two bucket method.

Stittville Ed
01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
except when it's cold.

We have been very cold for a week and next week the temps will be warm if they get to the teen's.

supercharged
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I just love Poorboy's SS&S, and DP Xtreme foam formula in a foam gun!

JSR
01-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I just started using mine and I may have to get another one.
The place it is awesome at is on the boat. Rinse, Foam, Rinse and its done. All of the tower tubes, canvas and nooks and crannies that are normally such a pain by hand.
I am using Poorboys SSS (thanks to all who recommended that!). Two ounces with six water on the middle setting. Maybe not as much suds but I can cover everything twice to keep the dirt moving.
If the Pinnacle swirl remover kit was still on sale I would have had that and a gallon of SSS to make up the $75 for free shipping on the way.:D I am trying to show some restraint, my counselor says I have to try.
The SSS is supposed to be biodegradable too so it will replace the 'green' stuff I have been using.

WiseGuy
01-28-2007, 02:42 PM
I honestly like the foam gun, but its just not for me. I'm faster without it and feel better with the 2 bucket method.

I have a new one I dont want anymore. used 1 time. someone PM me.

P1et
01-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I cannot say I've invested in a Foam Gum yet, but in the meantime I'm using this:

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/793261/793261315975md.jpg

It is no Foam Gun by any means (the foam out of this gun looking pitiful compared to the AG Foam Gun pics) but it's good enough for now...