PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favorite Tire Glaze/Wheel Cleaning Products

Pages : [1] 2

Allen Anderson
07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not liking what I have I've got Eagle One Tire Dressing. I use simple green to clean rims with a little wheel brush. Tell me what your favorites are I'd like to know whats worth my money.

I searched forums, but no luck so please help me out.

IOMCAMARO
07-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I use Optimum Opti-bond to dress and Optimum Power Clean to clean the wheels and tires. IMO and IME simple green is bottled crap. Power Clean puts it out of the game for me.

dad07
07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
as of late I have been grabbing for the Groits heavy duty wheel cleaner and or Mothers foaming tire and wheel cleaner.

Megs wheel brightner and ARO is another combo I use often.

Opti-bond for dressing or Megs hyper dressing.

CaneCharger
07-24-2011, 05:07 PM
To clean - Sonax Full Effect
To protect - UTTG
To Dress - Opti-bond, but I am going to get the Dodo Juice Tyromania to try out

Jenn1270
07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
To clean - Sonax Full Effect
To protect - UTTG
To Dress - Opti-bond, but I am going to get the Dodo Juice Tyromania to try out

I typically clean with Griots Heavy duty, seal the wheels with opti-seal or DP wheel glaze and then dress with Optibond

Do I need be using a protection product as well?

PA DETAILER
07-24-2011, 05:42 PM
SG could be a bit harsh for wheels. i use eagle one or mothers all wheel and tire cleaners. cuts the cost of two seperate products for wheels & tires. if you get a good coat of wheel wax on or the several other wheel sealants out there, your wheels should clean up with car wash soap & water. tire protectants i like megs endurance tire shine (aerosol) or advanced auto brand tire shine (aerosol). both do not drip and leave a great finish. i use a "wheel shield" that you can get from AG. shields your wheels from getting product on when you spray on your tire protectant. i never liked gels. too messy and time consuming to apply. takes me seconds to dress a tire.

Wheel Shield (http://www.autogeek.net/wheelshield.html)
Meguiars Endurance Tire Dressing Aerosol, tire shine, tire protectant, Meguiar's Endurance Tire Spray (http://www.autogeek.net/endurance-tire-dressing.html)

poweraid
07-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I'll now be using optimum power clean for tires and wheels. gets lots of kudos here. I'll simply use powerlock and 845 on wheels for protection and opti-bond tire gel . in spring though I usually use a polish to bring my wheels back to life from Wisconsin winter. i have used "wheel wax" , works well for me but hard to remove IMO, after that , simple soap and water is all I need for a while . I don't use wheel or tire cleaner every time I wash as I feel it strips the protection off and then u have to reapply. I also don't apply opti-bond after every soap wash either . shiny tires on a 4x4 is not my style.

CrownKote
07-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I have been using Purple Power to do wheels (cheap and works well with no acids) and to dress it depends on what the customer is wanting; shiny they get megs hot tires and natural (I try this on all cars first) DP Tire Shine...

dad07
07-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I typically clean with Griots Heavy duty, seal the wheels with opti-seal or DP wheel glaze and then dress with Optibond

3 out of the 4 products you mentioned are protection products....and a great combo IMHO!

no need to add more.

poweraid
07-24-2011, 06:19 PM

opti-seal , dp wheels glaze , opti-bond would be your protection, wheels and tires . I feel every time u would use griots it would strip your protection off and u then need reapply, IMO . use plain soap and water for a couple of washes. I'll go 2 months or more before I use a cleaner on my on my wheels and maybe like every 3 washes before I touch up my tires with opti-bond again . I don't care for shiny tires on a 4x4 . I don't see a sense in using tire and wheel cleaner every wash . just my belief .

ScottB
07-24-2011, 06:26 PM
ARO to clean, Optibond to protect !

Scott DeBrun
07-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Eagle one is a good cost effective tire/wheel combo. On my wife's escape I use wheel wax on the rims and on my frontier I use ssg diamond edge wheel sealant.

Old Tiger
07-24-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm not liking what I have I've got Eagle One Tire Dressing. I use simple green to clean rims with a little wheel brush. Tell me what your favorites are I'd like to know whats worth my money.

I searched forums, but no luck so please help me out.
I coated the Audi with G|Techniq C5 Wheel Armor and will do the Ford as soon as we get a break from this oppressive heat! Wheels shed water and no brake dust build-up either!
I try a lot of dressings. I like UTTG and DP the best.

Old Tiger
07-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I'll now be using optimum power clean for tires and wheels. gets lots of kudos here. I'll simply use powerlock and 845 on wheels for protection and opti-bond tire gel . in spring though I usually use a polish to bring my wheels back to life from Wisconsin winter. i have used "wheel wax" , works well for me but hard to remove IMO, after that , simple soap and water is all I need for a while . I don't use wheel or tire cleaner every time I wash as I feel it strips the protection off and then u have to reapply. I also don't apply opti-bond after every soap wash either . shiny tires on a 4x4 is not my style.
I wish they made the shield for 19 and 20" rims. They are still limited to 17"

IOMCAMARO
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I wish they made the shield for 19 and 20" rims. They are still limited to 17"

:iagree: I have 20" stock rims on my Camaro and I can't find anything to cover them with like this.