PDA

View Full Version : leather cleaner

redline
07-24-2011, 01:13 PM
whats the best to clean and keep leather . i have gmc with titaniun leather seting and it is real easy to get dirty . i tried meguiars leather cleaner ,hmmmmmmmmmmmm its ok .just looking for better thanks

WRAPT C5Z06
07-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Leather Masters Soft or Strong Cleaner, or, Optimum Power Clean.

chris11le
07-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Ive actually had good success using Optimum PowerClean diluted 3:1 with water as a leather cleaner. Takes off all sorts of stuff and brings the leather back to the original clean matte look.

As for protection, you can look into things like Leatherique if you want to go all out (I had the Leatherique system applied on my new car). I tried an OTC Zymol product from Pep Boys on my wifes car (and even my living room couch!) and it actually went on pretty well, not sure about how long it will protect/condition but I like it so far (its been a couple months). Ive tended to stay away from lexol because they seem to end up adding a lot of "stuff" onto the leather that makes it greasy/sticky and harder to clean the next time.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Ive tended to stay away from lexol because they seem to end up adding a lot of "stuff" onto the leather that makes it greasy/sticky and harder to clean the next time.
Lexol is horrible, IMO. Especially the conditioner.

rwright
07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Lexol is horrible, IMO. Especially the conditioner.

I agree 100%. I only use Lexol cleaner for one client who is sensitive to scents. The conditioner is a sticky mess and will never use that again for automotive use.

Sent using Tapatalk

waxman1
07-24-2011, 04:10 PM
mothers leather care products are good

Jenn1270
07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
I like the Iz product for leather conditioning

cmichael258
07-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Leather Masters Soft or Strong Cleaner

:iagree:

tmoney82
07-24-2011, 06:47 PM
I use thisMothers VLR: Vinyl Leather Rubber Care, vinyl and rubber cleaner, leather cleaner, leather care, rubber care (http://www.autogeek.net/mothers-vinyl-leather-rubber-care.html)! Since my truck interior never gets that nasty, this do the trick!

Jimmie
07-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I use the Pinnacle cleaner. Seems like it takes it right to bare leather. Before that I used the Wolfgang. I liked both cleaners, and both conditioners for that matter.

Larry A
07-24-2011, 08:47 PM
What happened to Woolite for fine fabrics mixed 10 to 1. I though that this stuff was very good.

cutter
07-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Today I cleaned my neighbors Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, the leather in it had a very high gloss and felt tacky to the touch, the dirt build-up was pretty bad too.
I used OPC 4:1 with a fingernail scrub brush for gentle agitation to help remove the dirt build-up. The OPC could probably have been a 10:1 ratio and it work just as well, but I had a spray bottle with the 4"1 ratio so I just went with that. I followed this with Liquid Glass Connoisseur's Choice (LGCC) Protectant. The LGCC left a much more "natural soft" finish and felt smooth to the touch as opposed to the "high gloss" tacky finish that was previously on the leather. LGCC is made up of a blend of silicones, glycol, special waxes, mink oil, and UV Inhibitors. It has a pleasant, but not over-powering odor, and is guaranteed to last for three months.

I bought the quart size container a few weeks back when it was on BOGO, and this is the first time I have used it. I can't say anything about the "Three Month Guarantee", but one thing I did notice is the amount of product used, a little goes a long way!!!

HeavyMetal
07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
What happened to Woolite for fine fabrics mixed 10 to 1. I though that this stuff was very good.

As long as your leather isn't heavily soiled it does work extremely well. I use it on my wife's ES350, but cut 16:1. If found 10:1 a bit too soapy.

Like high-priced waxes, I think most of the effect of "leather cleaners" is in the eye of the beholder.