PDA

View Full Version : My name is The Engineer & I've become a detailing junkie.

Pages : [1] 2

The Engineer
01-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey gang, great site you have here. After getting quotes to detail my car that were several hundred dollars, I took the plunge and ordered the gear myself. I used to love detailing my car when I was younger and single, but lately I haven't given my cars the attention they deserve... well that ends tonight.

I started out by purchasing:

PC 7424
Optimum Polish
Optimum Compound
ClearKote Vanilla Glaze
ClearKote Carnuba Moose Wax
A bunch of LC pats - Orange, white, blue, black.
A full compliment of MF towels and wipes.

I will be giving my Cobra the full detail very soon (when it stops raining here in FL). It's in pretty bad shape now, lots of spider webs, surface scratches, dull areas. I will post before and after pics too.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hey". I read a lot of good information on this site, please keep it coming. :cheers:

sparkie
01-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey and welcome!

Gary Sword
01-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Welcome we're all detailing junkies here. If you stay on the forum it's only going to get worse. It looks like your a Bucs fan. I hope they do a whole lot better next year.

joe.p
01-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Welcome to AGO..Congrats on your purchase you picked some pretty nice products off the bat..

btw,have you had the chance to meet Lauren..if not you will ;)

Reddwarf
01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Welcome aboard. AG and this forum is addictive like crack, except in a good way! I look forward to seeing your before and after pictures.

boardumb
01-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome aboard. AG and this forum is addictive like crack, except in a good way! I look forward to seeing your before and after pictures.

Yep, both are bad on a budget. I hope I don't start mugging people to help me finance my detailing addiction! :eek:

FloridaNative
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey gang, great site you have here. After getting quotes to detail my car that were several hundred dollars, I took the plunge and ordered the gear myself. I used to love detailing my car when I was younger and single, but lately I haven't given my cars the attention they deserve... well that ends tonight.

I started out by purchasing:

PC 7424
Optimum Polish
Optimum Compound
ClearKote Vanilla Glaze
ClearKote Carnuba Moose Wax
A bunch of LC pats - Orange, white, blue, black.
A full compliment of MF towels and wipes.

I will be giving my Cobra the full detail very soon (when it stops raining here in FL). It's in pretty bad shape now, lots of spider webs, surface scratches, dull areas. I will post before and after pics too.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hey". I read a lot of good information on this site, please keep it coming. :cheers:

Looks like a great first order you got there. :applause: I look forward to seeing that Cobra swirl free and gussied up. :) Are you in Tampa Bay? I got tons of family there still. :) Welcome to AG. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Grimm
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome Brian! You sound just like myself. When I was in high school and such I used to wash my car weekly and keep it waxed. Life, kids and driving a 10 year old car got me away from that. Now that I have a newer car again, and a black one at that, I also decided to get back into it, and more seriously. Good luck!

nick19
01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

My advice, result to OC at the last, LAST option. With some PC experience, you can get OC to work wonders on paint. OC takes lots of heat, and just the right amount of timing to work properly.

OP is good stuff you have there!

-Nick
5-Star Auto Detailing

Nuke33
01-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome, and im glad you can admit when you have a problem.... heheh were all friends here its ok your with your same people!

The Engineer
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Looks like a great first order you got there. :applause: I look forward to seeing that Cobra swirl free and gussied up. :) Are you in Tampa Bay? I got tons of family there still. :) Welcome to AG. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. And FloridaNative, yes I am in Tarpon Springs. Been here all my life. I love it here, and of course I'm a Bucs fan! (I keep saying "Next year, Next year" :D )

I hopefully will get to the detailing tomorrow (Sunday) but it may have to be next weekend if time or the weather doesn't permit it. I will keep you all updated though!

Thanks!!!

FloridaNative
01-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. And FloridaNative, yes I am in Tarpon Springs. Been here all my life. I love it here, and of course I'm a Bucs fan! (I keep saying "Next year, Next year" :D )

I hopefully will get to the detailing tomorrow (Sunday) but it may have to be next weekend if time or the weather doesn't permit it. I will keep you all updated though!

Thanks!!!

cool! It's great to see west coast people. Everybody's so nice on the west coast. Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here. Can't wait for the pics when you have them. Happy detailing. :)

ltoman
01-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Welcome, Brian!!! :) I wish you the best of luck! Be sure to share your pictures - we all LOVE before and afters!!
:Picture:
Blessings,
Lauren

Forum Sarcastic Humorist

Gary Sword
01-28-2007, 07:01 AM
cool! It's great to see west coast people. Everybody's so nice on the west coast. Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your time here. Can't wait for the pics when you have them. Happy detailing. :)

The west coast people are the best!;)

Brace1
01-28-2007, 07:53 AM
...of course I'm a Bucs fan! (I keep saying "Next year, Next year" :D )

At least you get to say "next year". I'm a Dolphins fan, so I always gotta say "In three years.." seems like we're always in rebuilding mode and floundering around with lotsa talent but just can't get it together.:confused: