PDA

View Full Version : Klass Ai1, U.p.p.& Soverin

BILL
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Application by hand procedure on all 3 would be straight strokes ?

no circular strokes? Also is high weather related humidity a negative factor upon application of any of the above?....

thanks.............

ScottB
04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Application by hand procedure on all 3 would be straight strokes ?

no circular strokes? Also is high weather related humidity a negative factor upon application of any of the above?....

thanks.............

always straight motion. Drying, waxing, polishing ... its hard at first but you will get the hang quickly. NEVER CIRCULAR.

Humidity can have a factor on sealants curing properly. I would suggest a minimum of 12 hours between SG and Souveran.

Two hints on SG, use a small travel size spray bottle as possible. Also if you get an area that seems hard to remove, respritz or reapply and immediately wipe off. Seems to do the job.

BILL
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
always straight motion. Drying, waxing, polishing ... its hard at first but you will get the hang quickly. NEVER CIRCULAR.

Humidity can have a factor on sealants curing properly. I would suggest a minimum of 12 hours between SG and Souveran.

Two hints on SG, use a small travel size spray bottle as possible. Also if you get an area that seems hard to remove, respritz or reapply and immediately wipe off. Seems to do the job.

The 12 hours or more between the SG and the Souveran is well taken

What about the time between the AIO,and the UPP??

Bluesbrekr
04-29-2006, 06:07 AM
The 12 hours or more between the SG and the Souveran is well taken

What about the time between the AIO,and the UPP??

No curing time is needed between AIO and UPP.

BILL
04-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Great !!! thanks...............:)

NissanOwner
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM

How do you use a PC with these products or should you just apply and remove by hand only?

ScottB
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
How do you use a PC with these products or should you just apply and remove by hand only?

You can use the AIO by buffer, just treat like a polish. Then remove via hand. UPP and Souveran would provide no benefit by PC, and you would likely use twice as much product. With UPP you apply, allow to haze , and remove. I would allow a little time as possible for the sealant to cure prior to moving on. With Souveran you WOWO (wipe on and wipe off almost immediately) as it is meant to be removed while damp.

BILL
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
QUOTE: I would allow a little time as possible for the sealant to cure prior to moving on...........:

I thought it was mentioned prior that the UPP had to cure for at least 12 hours,[not as little time as possible .:confused: ....

moving on to another coat of UPP?? or finishing it off with the souveran??

Bluesbrekr
04-30-2006, 04:54 AM
You can use the AIO by buffer, just treat like a polish. Then remove via hand. UPP and Souveran would provide no benefit by PC, and you would likely use twice as much product. With UPP you apply, allow to haze , and remove. I would allow a little time as possible for the sealant to cure prior to moving on. With Souveran you WOWO (wipe on and wipe off almost immediately) as it is meant to be removed while damp.

I have had great results applying UPP with a black pad on my PC. I only use a bit more product than when I apply AIO. I get a very thin even coat this way and it's a breeze to remove.

ScottB
04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I have had great results applying UPP with a black pad on my PC. I only use a bit more product than when I apply AIO. I get a very thin even coat this way and it's a breeze to remove.

Glad to hear it .... you should have used around 1 ounce maximum for an entire car. Sealants should be put on very light and seem almost transparent when used on lighter cars and prior to removal once they haze (curing).

QUOTE: I would allow a little time as possible for the sealant to cure prior to moving on...........:

I thought it was mentioned prior that the UPP had to cure for at least 12 hours,[not as little time as possible . ....

moving on to another coat of UPP?? or finishing it off with the souveran??

I think my words got tangled a bit. Yes you should allow ample curing time. When in a rush (moving from UPP to Souveran almost immediately) you should try and leave as big an area as time as possible. For instance, you might detail the engine, interior, wheelwells, between the sealant and finishing up with the wax.

BILL
04-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Gotcha!!!..........thanks......