PDA

View Full Version : "AG"???

Devin
07-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I've seen in a lot of threads and post with people saying words like "ag" and what not, is there a thread that tells u what these mean. I understand ag means autogeek but there are others out there.

Bunky
07-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Autogeek or Autoglym (makes car care products) depending on context.

Ron Atchison
07-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Believe me it will take awhile but you will slowly start to get them. Kind of a second language around here.

jbrown287
07-23-2011, 08:51 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/5706-product-abbreviation-chart-acronyms.html

Here you go

jwellsii
07-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Here you go Devin. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/863-acronyms.html

And :welcome:

Devin
07-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks i really appreciate it. I saw mike phillips say something about a PC and i thought he meant a computer lol and i as like i need to find out what these words mean

BobbyG
07-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I've seen in a lot of threads and post with people saying words like "ag" and what not, is there a thread that tells u what these mean. I understand ag means autogeek but there are others out there.

OH, you must be referring to one of my favorite pet peeves; acronyms!!

These are those time saving shortcuts that generate so many threads like this. While I've never looked for it there should be a section dedicated solely to acronyms, much like Auto Detailing 101 or Show N' Shine...

AG

Autogeek
Autoglym
Al Gore

APC

All Purpose Cleaner
Armored Personal Carrier
Air Pollution Control

PC

Porter Cable
Personal Computer

unclestu
07-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Bobby I think that all of this acronym nonsence has gotten out of hand. There is no need to have an acronym for every product under the sun. Instead of saving time these acronyms require more time in trying to figure out what the heck a person is trrying to say.
Stu

OH, you must be referring to one of my favorite pet peeves; acronyms!!

These are those time saving shortcuts that generate so many threads like this. While I've never looked for it there should be a section dedicated solely to acronyms, much like Auto Detailing 101 or Show N' Shine...

AG

Autogeek
Autoglym
Al Gore

APC

All Purpose Cleaner
Armored Personal Carrier
Air Pollution Control

PC

Porter Cable
Personal Computer

BobbyG
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Bobby I think that all of this acronym nonsence has gotten out of hand. There is no need to have an acronym for every product under the sun. Instead of saving time these acronyms require more time in trying to figure out what the heck a person is trrying to say.
Stu

I'm with you Stu!! :props:

rms64
01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Devin, welcome from another very new user.

Let me just say that without the 411 on the AG Acros, I'd have been SOL too.

For awhile I wondered why I'd need a District Attorney to correct my paint, if that makes you feel any better.

Again, :welcome: