PDA

View Full Version : foam gun

dchristo
07-23-2011, 08:17 AM
I just bought a AG foam gun, the directions say to fill the cup with liquid concentrate, but I see here and other places, put 2 ounces of concentrate and finish filling with water......which one is right....what do you do

thanks in advance

PA DETAILER
07-23-2011, 08:25 AM
no problem. much more freindly if you fill up the cup first with water, then add about 2oz of your favorite car wash. shake well. then i usually use the next to last setting on the gun. now this is for the gun for the regular water hose. not the high pressure unit.

Wolfgang Quart Foamaster Foam Gun delivers a thick layer of foam to your vehicle to give the paint maximum lubrication as you wash. Enjoy a safer, (http://www.autogeek.net/woqufofogun.html)

loudog2
07-23-2011, 09:35 AM
I stopped measuring with my foam gun. I just fill with water and sqeeze a guesstimated amount of DP xtreme in it. Then shake and swirl lightly to mix. Other things I do more precise, but not the gun.

dchristo
07-23-2011, 09:38 AM
thanks guys, the instructions sounded like they wanted you to fill the cup with strait concentrate

pickles
07-23-2011, 09:51 AM
To get a good lather with the foam gun I use more like 4-6 oz.of wash concentrate.I have been using the DP xtreme foam wash because it states that it was made for foam guns.2 days ago I put in the last of Armourall carnuba carwash concentrate to use it up and it worked almost as well,made good lather just runnier.Are there any other brands of carwash shampoo people are using in the hose version of the foam gun?

pickles
07-23-2011, 09:54 AM
thanks guys, the instructions sounded like they wanted you to fill the cup with strait concentrate

You'd have soap for days,or you could attach a wash mitt to a pole and wash your house,and the drive way,sidewalk,bathrooms,tile floor,carpets...

Jenn1270
07-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I love the DP xtreme foam wash, but after Corey's review of OCW I am going to try it next.

jenn

PA DETAILER
07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
To get a good lather with the foam gun I use more like 4-6 oz.of wash concentrate.I have been using the DP xtreme foam wash because it states that it was made for foam guns.2 days ago I put in the last of Armourall carnuba carwash concentrate to use it up and it worked almost as well,made good lather just runnier.Are there any other brands of carwash shampoo people are using in the hose version of the foam gun?

CG MAXI SUDS II is awesome for the foam gun. i too use DP xtreem foam. got two gallons when it was bogo. :xyxthumbs: i found out its really a toss up between the two.

BobbyG
07-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I stopped measuring with my foam gun. I just fill with water and sqeeze a guesstimated amount of DP xtreme in it. Then shake and swirl lightly to mix. Other things I do more precise, but not the gun.

This pretty much sums it up!

Washing ingredients need to be little more then a guesstimate or an approximate ratio. Once its in the cup screw it on the head unit, attach the garden hose, and foam away. The brass bar containing different size holes will vary the solution mix ratio with the incoming water. Changing this will allow more or less foam on the car.