PDA

View Full Version : Help with some prices!

Devin
07-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I really have a PASSION for cleaning cars and i really don't think the effort i put into a car would be on the production washing side but i can understand some people just want their cars cleaned and they dont care if there's a little dust in the a/c vents or swirl marks they just want it washed because it's their DD.
I'm still learning about orbital waxing and swirl removing and all that good stuff but for right now im going to just stick to what i do know and what i can offer.
Now for the good stuff, prices! below i have a price list and packages and i have a few questions and i really feel as if they might be too much and too little at the same time. If you dont mind take a minute and go over it and tell me what you think.

To add live in north central Florida near Gainesville!aka home of the "Gator Speedway" that host "The Gator Nationals" or just the good ole' Florida Gators!

Are my prices fare?
do i offer enough services for each package? maybe too much?
will the average consumer understand?
will the car enthusiast be attracted?
My car isn't in that great of shape will this effect my reputation?
products that work well in humid hot weather?
things i might want to have in this humid hot weather?

you'll see i have a step process wax package but i'm not going to offer that until i get some experience first.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

PACKAGE 1
$15
exterior: wash, dry, outside windows cleaned, wheels washed

PACKAGE 2
$15
interior: vacuum and wipe down, inside windows cleaned

PACKAGE 3
$30exterior and interior
Wash/wax, dry, windows cleaned, rims cleaned, tire shine, door jams cleaned
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, windows cleaned, dash dusted, armor all on dash, fragrance.

PACKAGE 4
$50
exterior and interior
Precleaner, Wash, dry, windows cleaned, rainX, rims polished, tire shine, door jams cleaned, spray wax
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, windows cleaned, dash dusted, armor all on dash, amor all on doors and console, fragrance, vinyle conditioner

PACKAGE 5
$70
Precleaner, Wash, dry, windows cleaned, rainX, rims polished, tire shine, spray wax, door jams cleaned, under carrage, chrom/ aluminum polish
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, vacuum trunk, dash dusted, armor all on dash, amor all on doors and console, fragrance, punctual dusting, carpet stain remover, steam clean, odor eliminator

EXTRAS
Odor eliminator $15
Leather conditioner/protectant $20
carpet stains removed $15
Black trim liqued treatment $15
Leather conditioned $15
Clay bar $30
Steam Clean $25
Under carrage $15
Truck bed cleaned $10
Full size Trucks/Suv's $10-$20
Extremly Muddy $15
Engine cleaned $50
Wax(synthetic) $35
Carnauba wax $45
!Make A Package Get A Discount!

SPECIALS

Elite shine: $150
includes precleaner, wash, detailing clay, cleansing polish, wax, spray wax, quick detailer, rims polished, tires shine. *carnauba wax +$20

*Once a week for a whole month
Package 1 or 2 $45
Package 3 $85
Package 4 $145
Package 5 $190
extras on specials are only charged twice

Porsche Pilot
07-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Lots of questions to go with yours. Here is what I can offer. I am near you and yes, GO GATORS. When I get a free Sat or Sun soon I would be willing to meet with you and we can look at your products and see what might be a good plan of action. Marketing in a college town has it's own challenges due to the transient population.

Bear in mind that my company only does polishing and mostly full corrections. But, I can probably get you headed in the right direction...at least in mindset. You can get my email and phone from my home page: artofshine.com

WindyCity
07-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Are you mobile or do you plan on your customers coming to you? The reason I ask is because it doesn't make much sense to drive to a customer to make $15 for a car wash. Your drive time, gas, meeting with the customer, setting up for a wash, and driving home simply doesn't make any sense for $15....that's less than minimum wage.

If you have a shop then a $15 hand wash is good for business

Devin
07-23-2011, 01:54 AM
im planing on being mobile. The only way i would do just a car wash is if i had others to do in the same area that day, or if i plan, or already am in that area with my equipment. i have a good feeling that i will have quite a large clientele because i work at a hair salon as a receptionist and my mom is a hair dresser so getting the word out will be pretty easy and my bosses wont mind me laying out a few cards. I also have a friend that goes to the high school in the area and i told her i would commission her for every person that says she referred them to me.

Bunky
07-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Can you make money with those prices? You really need to be grossing at least $30 per hour and gas being mobile can pile up the expenses. You need to cost out each service to be sure you are charging appropriately but then you need to be sure potential customers appreciate the price.

A gallon of gas is $3.80 so this 25% of a wash if you have to go say 20 miles there and back.

You should not try to compete with the drive throughs and gas station places at $6 and up since you will only attract people wanting a $10 wash.

Are you legit (business license, paying taxes, insurance)? This is an added expense.

Devin
07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Im just starting out im still saving money to get tools, products, and advertisements. Business cards, price sheet, ect... Like i said above im not going to go 20 miles for one person the only way i would do just a wash for one person is if i was in the area and i have my equipment with me.

silverfox
07-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I don't lift a finger for anything less than $30/HR. I see lots of these threads about prices and most are irrelevant because you need to pay yourself first and that means you figure out a price per hour that you want to clear. Then figure the time per job offered plus product and utility costs. That's your price.

BobbyG
07-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Lots of questions to go with yours. Here is what I can offer. I am near you and yes, GO GATORS. When I get a free Sat or Sun soon I would be willing to meet with you and we can look at your products and see what might be a good plan of action. Marketing in a college town has it's own challenges due to the transient population.

Bear in mind that my company only does polishing and mostly full corrections. But, I can probably get you headed in the right direction...at least in mindset. You can get my email and phone from my home page: artofshine.com

:dblthumb2: Awfully nice gesture ED!! :dblthumb2:

:props: Learn, Do, Teach :props: