PDA

View Full Version : One hella of a guy

Pages : [1] 2

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 07:00 PM
As we all know there are lots of very talented and helpful people on this site and I have browsed a few others detailing discussion forums but always seem to end up here and i think it's because of the people here.

But there is one guy on here that has gone way over the top to be helpful to me.

A few months ago when I found this site I was like every other new guy, head spinning with all the information here. And when it came time for my first order it was like taking a multible choice test, all the answers looked good but which one is right? So I ordered what I thought was the best choice of products and polisher. Then everything started looking good and it was time to maintain it without messing up the great finish.

So I asked about QD's and that's when the most helpful and generous person I know stepped forward. Daves120. he asked for me to PM my address to send me a couple of samples of Optimum products. So I said sure. Well the box arrives and inside he had sent me a CG MF towel and 4 oz's of each of these products, OC. ONR, TG, TS, ID&GE and Opti spray wax.

I contacted him to offer to pay for them but he refused. he said all he wanted in return is for me to enjoy the products and to tell others if I had. Well needless to say they all work great.

Then a few weeks later we were exchanging PM's as I still have tons of questions and I get another PM telling me that he had put together another care package for me containing some WG Fusion, Natty's Blue, Max Wax, Souveran, and more MF towels (12) from a few different places so I could compare them along with sponge and MF aplicators and enough opti seal to do all three of my cars.

Again I offered to pay for the stuff and all I got was, " I have enough stuff to last me two years, so use it and enjoy it. It took me three years of buying to figure out what works for me so i'm just saving you sometime. Plus I got most of it on sale."

Well it came today and believe me it was like christmas when I opened it up. So I thought you guys should all know what kind of guy Scott (Daves120)is.

He's "One Hella of a guy" .

I think we all could learn a few things from him! The gifts are nice for sure but it's what he's made of that counts! When a person goes this far out of their way to help a total stranger they're something special.

Hopefully one day I'll meet him!

Mike Phillips
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Both of you could make plans to attend DetailFest next year and then we can all meet!

It's going to be HUGE! With some really cool surprises...

So everyone reading this... start including DetailFest in your 2012 schedule!

:dblthumb2:

Porsche Pilot
07-22-2011, 07:59 PM
My room is already booked and I don't even have the dates yet!

S2K
07-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Fuzion? Souvern? Yea thats a hella guy! My hat is off to Scott!

tuscarora dave
07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice. I have seen quite a bit of sharing goodie bags between members on this site too. It's actually inspired me to do it for a few guys as well and a few guys here have done it for me too. This is a great family of forum members to belong to.

Good deal Dave120 for selflessly giving and good deal to you too rzatch for being grateful enough to post about it, guys like you make this world a better place to live in. :dblthumb2:

ScottB
07-22-2011, 09:16 PM
its always warm and exciting to see forum members sharing in the hobby and its products. Hats off to Scott, but then I would have expected nothing less.

DetailedByPrecision
07-22-2011, 09:30 PM
All these bad events happening and bad people on the media portrays the image in our minds that there can't be anymore good civilians out there, but every now and then one person stands up above others.

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 11:29 PM
bumpity bump bump

BobbyG
07-23-2011, 06:00 AM
There are allot of members here that go the extra distance and take the time to help others and this is another fine example of it. :props:

I for one will be at Detail-Fest 2012....:dblthumb2:

CEE DOG
07-23-2011, 06:54 AM
That's an awesome story!! Good on both of you. It's incredible how kind, and giving many people are in this community.

Detailfest!!! Mike, I think we need to rent the whole street so we have more concrete!

mdb917
07-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Incredible story and thanks for sharing it.

Hats off to Dave120 (Scott) :dblthumb2:

I am not surprised by the generosity that so many on this forum show. This is the type of behavior that makes us all want to live up to the high standard.

I will be a DetailFest this coming year for sure. I had plans to attend this most recent one and some events unfolded that changed my priorities. Not next year.:hungry:

Porsche Pilot: We must have the same bookings. When I called the hotel they said there was another crazy that had rooms reserved even though he didn't know the dates either. :laughing:

Mike Phillips
07-23-2011, 08:26 AM
There are allot of members here that go the extra distance and take the time to help others and this is another fine example of it. :props:

And on that note, you're you too sir are a fine example of a stellar member that is always posting detailed, helpful information in a professional and polite manner. A brief read-through of your posting history is a very nice reflection of your character.

I for one will be at Detail-Fest 2012....:dblthumb2:

Cool, I'm looking forward to meeting you.

That's an awesome story!! Good on both of you. It's incredible how kind, and giving many people are in this community.

Besides helpful, a key characteristic of a top notch forum is the friendliness factor and Autogeek sets the standard for a family friendly and helpful forum.

DetailFest!!! Mike, I think we need to rent the whole street so we have more concrete!

No doubt. This last year's event was over the top but Matt Steele stopped by yesterday and a bunch of us went out to lunch and Max shared a few surprises for DetailFest 2012 and it's going to be even better next year.

I will be a DetailFest this coming year for sure. I had plans to attend this most recent one and some events unfolded that changed my priorities. Not next year.:hungry:

Cool!

Porsche Pilot: We must have the same bookings. When I called the hotel they said there was another crazy that had rooms reserved even though he didn't know the dates either. :laughing:

That's funny... I better reserve my room soon too...

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
07-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Also, since were talking about Scott... I don't have a picture of his actual car but when it replied to the Roll Call thread he shared this...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/33701-roll-call-what-s-your-real-first-name-13.html

Mike,

This is from daves120. Actually my first name is David but I go by my middle name: Scott. The way daves120 originated is that, as stated, my first name is David, and I own a 1937 Packard 120 Deluxe touring sedan...so daves120. Just thought you might like to know.

1937 Packard 120 Deluxe Touring Sedan (http://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1937_PackardBrochure.pdf)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Packard120.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

Ron Atchison
07-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks for looking that up Mike. I was wondering where the daves120 came from. I was thinking it had to do with the pic but kept forgetting to ask.

Twister
07-23-2011, 09:09 AM
That's really nice! He probabl saved you a lot of time and money with those samples. I know I've spent a lot trying different stuff to find what I like best or maybe something that works better in certain situations.