PDA

View Full Version : Just another teenager with with a dream! thoughts on prices

Devin
07-22-2011, 03:39 PM
My name is Devin and im new here!
I'm going to be going to college soon and I can't seem to find a steady job so i thought i would try detailing. I've detailed cars in the past, well i guess professional detailer's would consider it just production washed and cleaned but i'm REALLY good and got some nice compliments. I've been reading, watching videos, and comparing prices for the past week or so trying to get as much information as i can about starting a mobile detailing business.
I really have a PASSION for cleaning cars and i really don't think the effort i put into a car would be on the production washing side but i can understand some people just want their cars cleaned and they dont care if there's a little dust in the a/c vents or swirl marks they just want it washed because it's their DD.
I'm still learning about orbital waxing and swirl removing and all that good stuff but for right now im going to just stick to what i do know and what i can offer.
Now for the good stuff, prices! below i have a price list and packages and i have a few questions and i really feel as if they might be too much and too little at the same time. If you dont mind take a minute and go over it and tell me what you think.

To add live in north central Florida near Gainesville!aka home of the "Gator Speedway" that host "The Gator Nationals"

Are my prices fare?
do i offer enough services for each package? maybe too much?
will the average consumer understand?
will the car enthusiast be attracted?
My car isn't in that great of shape will this effect my reputation?

you'll see i have a step process wax package but i'm not going to offer that until i get some experience first.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!:pc7424:

PACKAGE 1
$15
exterior: wash, dry, outside windows cleaned, wheels washed

PACKAGE 2
$15
interior: vacuum and wipe down, inside windows cleaned

PACKAGE 3
$30exterior and interior
Wash/wax, dry, windows cleaned, rims cleaned, tire shine, door jams cleaned
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, windows cleaned, dash dusted, armor all on dash, fragrance.

PACKAGE 4
$50
exterior and interior
Precleaner, Wash, dry, windows cleaned, rainX, rims polished, tire shine, door jams cleaned, spray wax
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, windows cleaned, dash dusted, armor all on dash, amor all on doors and console, fragrance, vinyle conditioner

PACKAGE 5
$70
Precleaner, Wash, dry, windows cleaned, rainX, rims polished, tire shine, spray wax, door jams cleaned, under carrage, chrom/ aluminum polish
vacuum carpet, vacuum seats, vacuum trunk, dash dusted, armor all on dash, amor all on doors and console, fragrance, punctual dusting, carpet stain remover, steam clean, odor eliminator

EXTRAS
Odor eliminator $15
Leather conditioner/protectant $20
carpet stains removed $15
Black trim liqued treatment $15
Leather conditioned $15
Clay bar $30
Steam Clean $25
Under carrage $15
Truck bed cleaned $10
Full size Trucks/Suv's $10-$20
Extremly Muddy $15
Engine cleaned $50
Wax(synthetic) $35
Carnauba wax $45
!Make A Package Get A Discount!

SPECIALS

Elite shine: $150
includes precleaner, wash, detailing clay, cleansing polish, wax, spray wax, quick detailer, rims polished, tires shine. *carnauba wax +$20

*Once a week for a whole month
Package 1 or 2 $45
Package 3 $85
Package 4 $145
Package 5 $190
extras on specials are only charged twice

JRivers
07-22-2011, 05:37 PM
I can't help much because I'm just starting as well, but I can recommend you to join the "Let's help each other succeed!" group here in AG. Check under your "User CP" and then "Social Groups". Lots of great info and advice there.

Good luck man!

JRivers
07-22-2011, 05:38 PM
OH, yeah! and Welcome to the forum! :D

Mike Phillips
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Devin,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

This is the "Introduction Forum Group", and a great place to introduce yourself.

If you have questions, you'll get more and better replies if you start a "Dedicated Thread" for your how-to questions with a subject like,

Need suggestions for prices for my new detailing business

and post it to either the Auto Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/) or the How to make money detailing cars (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/) forum group.

It's just that you'll get more traction by posting your question in a dedicated thread just for your questions, not as a part of your "Intro Thread"

Make sense?

Don't re-type everything, just copy and paste the pertinent parts and give your thread a GREAT title that tells people what your topic is, this will get you the best replies.

We have a really great forum community with lots of experienced and helpful members but it's better to post questions in the right "group".

In my article list, (see my Sig line at the bottom of all my replies), if you scroll down a ways there's a list of articles about how to interact on discussion forums, here are two such articles,

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/29344-tip-help-yourself-get-great-answers-when-you-start-thread.html)

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

And here's one on starting a business...

A few tips on starting a part-time detailing business (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/27827-few-tips-starting-part-time-detailing-business.html)

:)