PDA

View Full Version : question about Pinnacle Paintwork cleanser

flyinion
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
So, the two times I've used this, I followed the machine directions of using the white pad. However I'm realizing that the white pad has a slight bit of cut. I wouldn't think I'd really want that if I've polished the vehicle previously with other abrasive based products. So if I was just wanting to strip the wax off and clean the paint in prep for a new fresh coat, can I use a gray pad instead? I started thinking about this after looking at the Dodo products for instance where their version of PCL says to use a gray pad. It makes sense following Mike's "least aggressive product" methodology.

Bunky
07-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Depending on paint hardness or just technique, it is not unexpected that white can cause marring so a safer bet is to use a softer pad and still strip the paint.

Nick McKees37
07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Green Polishing or Tangerine Hydro-Tech are my two choices. :props:

loudog2
07-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I use a gray/black pad

TornadoRed
07-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I think I used a red Griot's pad the last time I used it.

Jimmie
07-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I say that you are OK with the white pad. I've used white with many chemical type cleaners with no marring to date. I would think that you want some pores since you might be pulling up some dirt.
There are many on here much more qualified to say so.............

Mike Phillips
07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
So if I was just wanting to strip the wax off and clean the paint in prep for a new fresh coat, can I use a gray pad instead?

Yes.

The combined forces at play,

Oscillating Action
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
Foam formula
Pressure (even if light)
Time (number of passes)

Should be more than enough to remove any wax or paint sealant off the surface and do it very gently.

Of course it goes without saying to make sure the car is spotlessly clean.

:xyxthumbs: