PDA

View Full Version : BMW interior help

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Ok all you BMW detailers I need some help. My Z4 has black rough grained vinyl door panels that look dryed out. No matter what I've put on them so far seems to blacken them up. I even just tried OTS diluted 1:1 to see if that would work. They seem better but once that dryed they still look dry again other than the tops of the grained area. The lower part still has a grey dryed out look to it. The amount I used on two door panels I could have done alll four tires, so they should be full of bling!

embolism
07-22-2011, 01:55 PM
have you tried 303 Aero?

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 02:04 PM
No just OTC stuff and OTS.

VIP Reflections
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
i think what you need is a product like forever black or something similar. it has a dye in it that restores the black more permanently. unlike the silicone stuff that you might have been using. then you should use 303aerospace Vinyl protection on all vinyl, its what i recommend for black interior. i have no experience with these type of products so let someone else chime in and give you a better recommendation as to exactly which one to get.

-Frank-

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks Frank that's what I was hoping would happen, one of the guys has surely seen this interior before.

Kristopher1129
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Just out of curiosity...is the faded area towards the top of the door? Right where the window goes in and out of the door frame?

I ask cause I've seen this many times. It just happens to be a spot where the sun most likely hits frequently. Unfortunately...I have no answer for you. I've never seen a more than temporary fix for this outside of having the vinyl sprayed to cover up the dull spot.

There are some interior repair guys out there that can fix the issue. How long it lasts, and whether or not it will be a noticeable fix...I really don't know. Not my field of expertise I guess.

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's from sun or age the car only has 8000 miles on it and sits in the garage. May just be the color of the vinyl but could look better.

supercharged
07-22-2011, 03:17 PM
pics?????

Ron Atchison
07-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm leaving in the morning and no time for any today, so we'll have to put the pics on hold for a week.